Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:05:3

LAIRE
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Casting For Laire Faq
Posted by: Christine M (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 11:33AM

Hi Everyone,

I figured I'd write up a quick clarify FAQ on what Casting for LAIRE entails.

What is casting called at LAIRE?
We call it full time npc-ing, or FTNPC when writing things because it's shorter. hehe

Can I still make my own player character if I choose to FTNPC?
Yes! We do not have dedicated FTNPCs or PCs everyone does both pretty much.

How much time do I get to play my PC if I choose to FTNPC?
All FTNPCs get a 5 hour shift to play their PC, also, anyone who chooses to PC for an event must take a 5 hour shift as an NPC as well.

Can I switch between being a FTNPC and a PC from event to event?
Yes! When you pre-register for the event you can choose whether you want to be a FTNPC or not. You can switch off which you want to do from month to month. You can do either exclusively if you so choose, but that choice is wholely personal and requires no formal commitment to the game.

How many events do you have?
We have one event every month that runs Friday night to Sunday anywhere from 2-4pm, usually the later time is in the summer. The dates are posted in a separate thread in this forum.

How much does it cost to PC a weekend?
It costs $40 if you pre-register for the event, $45 at the door.

Is there any way to reduce an event fee?
Yes! For every event that you FTNPC, in addition to the cast swap reward you will get, you will earn 20 Lairecash which you can use to offset the cost of an event by up to half. That means that you can FTNPC one event and then the next event PC and only pay $20 for a whole weekend of fun!

Whats the deal with food at LAIRE?
We have a meal plan similar to YOC, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are available. Breakfast and Dinner are a buffet and lunch is made to order, usually hot and cold sandwiches and other goodies. There is also a player runned juice bar which is open pretty much 24 hours a day with various microwaveable goodies as well as soda, juice, water, and snacks. There is also a pizza place down the road with pretty good food. Also, if you like, people are welcome to bring their own food. We have a separate kitchen from the main one which has a microwave, oven, stove and fridge. There are several refrigerators on camp for your stuff. Also numerous fire pits for your grilling fun!

Where is LAIRE located?
We are in Lafayette, NJ. If you don't catch the traffic is about a 3.5 hour run from Charlton, MA.

How many people can attend a LAIRE event?
We've never turned away a person yet! We have always found sleeping space for people. The more the merrier! There are several new cabins that have just gone up at our camp and lots of room for tenting it.

Well I think that covers most of what I tried to blurt out at closing ceremonies. If there is anything I missed or you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM!

~Chrissy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.