Welcome Colonist !   There are 93 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:26

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Ye Olde Commons Work Day: We Need Bodies
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2012 09:48AM

Posting from Harald, owner over at Ye Olde Commons, where we are required to supply some folks for work days a couple of times a year.

And yes, we pay UP for this investment of your time... not too bad, as YOC covers lunch for all workers. Yes, you can bring friends- it is in fact encouraged. Yes, I will probably give you UP for them too, if they identify as being there on behalf of FI.

From Harald:
---------------------------------------------
Hi All –

As I indicated before, YOC will have a workday on July 7. It will start 9am and run all day. We will provide lunch. We want to build awnings/platforms in the lower field and repair or create new “stones” from boxes for the mod building.

I need to have some idea of how many hands to expect, in order to purchase appropriate amounts of supplies. I.e. we could build 3 awnings or one, we could get a pallet of new boxes or simply go over existing ones.

Could you please let me know, or have people who are planning on coming contact me, so I can get a count. Thanks

Harald
---------------------------------------------

Going? Please let us (*and* Harald) know.

Thanks kindly!

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Re: Ye Olde Commons Work Day: We Need Bodies
Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2012 12:59PM

How late does it go?

I want to help out and we are shooting off fireworks that night up in NH and I am the shoot group leader. I dont assume it will go super late, but just wanted to ask.

Date: June 27, 2012 01:30PM

I will pass the question up the communication chain and get you an answer, but I am sure that even if folks had to leave early, it would be good to get people there.

-Amber

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Posted by: James P (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2012 02:04PM

I'd love to go, and I'm willing to stay all day if needed.

My only issue is getting there. If I could get a ride with somebody in the Boston area, I would be very appreciative. (Appreciation includes some gas money, of course.)

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: July 2, 2012 05:15PM

Barring disaster, Josh Marcus and I will be there. I've sent an email to Harald also. smiling smiley

Posted by: Alex S (IP Logged)
Date: July 2, 2012 06:43PM

I would like to participate in this, what is Harald's email? Also, I might be bringing along a few people interested in FI.

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: July 3, 2012 11:38AM

I would also like to participate and also need harald's email.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Date: July 3, 2012 12:22PM

harald (at) yeoldecommons.com

Thanks, guys!

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: July 3, 2012 03:30PM

Alex, we'll all give them an enthusiastic earful onsite. smiling smiley

Also: Bring a water bottle. It's going to be hot and humid!

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: July 3, 2012 04:25PM

At the risk of sounding mercenary, is there a number attached to the UP in this? Flat rate? Cast-swappy participants*n?

Date: July 4, 2012 12:19PM

I'll see everyone there!

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: July 4, 2012 01:30PM

Thomas G-

My understanding is that the going rate is usually:

UP per person = 10 * (# of attendees)

So, if 5 people go, each of them gets 50 UP. If 10 people go, each of them gets 100 UP. If 20 people go, each of them gets 200 UP.

So, yes, it is very worthwhile to attend these things just from the UP perspective, especially if you can bring a friend or two.

Also, they're a kick ass good time with a chance to hang out with folks you otherwise don't get to see too often.

But that's just my 2 UP. ;-)

-Josh M.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Tim M (IP Logged)
Date: July 4, 2012 04:34PM

I'll be there...

- Cape Ninja of The Preceperi

Director of Human Resources, N.A.M.

Linnaeus Karradin Kaine
Colony Defense Force ( Retired )

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: July 5, 2012 10:04AM

I believe it's actually 5x (# attendees). Still good - 10 attendees = 50 UP. smiling smiley

Date: July 5, 2012 10:33AM

Steph has the right of it for UP. Still a great deal, especially when you consider that 'conscripted friends who show up for the good name of FI' count towards the total.

-Amber

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: July 5, 2012 09:49PM

Sadly, scheduling/transport will keep from piles of sweet, sweet UP. Next time! Y'all enjoy yourselves.

Date: July 6, 2012 01:40AM

I stand corrected. Nonetheless, quality points for hanging out with folks.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: July 6, 2012 10:34AM

If you are attend the work day on behalf of FI, please check in with Josh Marcus while you are there. He'll be maintaining the List for me so I know who to award those tasty, tasty UP to.

PS: Bringing friends to the one day to help rep FI? Please have them sign in, as well, since they affect your points total whether or not they have a character in the system!

Cordially,

-Amber

Date: July 6, 2012 02:09PM

I will have a sign-in sheet. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: July 6, 2012 05:46PM

I have friend who wants to join FI, he wants to know if he comes to this if he will get UP?

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: July 6, 2012 06:31PM

I am certain of it.

Date: July 6, 2012 06:55PM

Great! thanks

Date: July 8, 2012 01:54PM

Thank you very much everyone who came, special shout out to aspiring new player Zeb Wood for coming out despite not having been to an event yet. Thanks man!

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: July 9, 2012 10:12AM

Thank you all! Harald sent out an email this morning that indicated FI's representation was awesome!

I'll award UP later this afternoon or this evening.

And yes, Zeb will certainly get UP. If he doesn't have a character in the system yet, have him do so- that way I can give him the UP!

Date: July 9, 2012 01:37PM

Points for the work day are awarded to all who currently have characters in the system.

Please, Alex, have Zeb or yourself send me a PM or a help request as soon as he has a character in the system, and I will be very happy to award his UP as well!

Thanks, again, to all who were able to make it out and rep FI at the YOC work day. Your efforts are extremely appreciated!

Cordially,

-Amber

Date: July 12, 2012 01:23PM

Zeb, you're all set; saw you'd made a character in the system and points are awarded!

Thanks again to everyone who came out for the work day!

Cordially,

-Amber

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.