Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:25

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Tick Hitchhikers
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 03:47PM

Friendly reminder time!

Please, please, please check yourselves (and/or each other) for ticks. It has been a bumper crop of the little buggers this year.

I am hoping that the canisters of readily available bug spray outside of Ops and the Commissary helped out.. Please feel free to give feedback on whether or not there was enough of that and the sunblock that was also collected via donations and dispersed freely to all. (And yet another thank you to the folks who picked those donations up.) Given my own personal underbrush crawl as the 'White Bug' *your name, not mine*, I am frankly amazed that I didn't end up covered in the unwelcome hitchhikers.

Ticks are not your friend! Please check and be safe!

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Re: Tick Hitchhikers
Posted by: Yelena T (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 03:59PM

I loved that there was bug spray on the bench outside the Commissary, and used it a bunch despite having my own in my cabin. Thank you for putting it there!

Posted by: Morgan C (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 04:23PM

Small suggestion - does the Ops first aid kit have tick nippers? If it doesn't, I'd be happy to provide a pair.

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 06:01PM

I bring my own for general use if needed, but will absolutely check the kit when next I see it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.