Welcome Colonist !   There are 102 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:26

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Earn Up & Help Fi By Volunteering At Silver Kingdom
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 10:30AM

As mentioned at the closing meeting of this past event, we are required as part of our use of the Ye Olde Commons camp to help out with two work days on the site per year. One of the ways to meet this obligation to the camp is to field volunteers for the Silver Kingdom Renaissance Faire, running this year one weekend only, June 16-17.

Since we have heard that they are strapped for volunteers this year, we've decided to offer our Sister Game Swap UP offer rather than a flat rate award. That means you get 5UP multiplied by how many FI folks are there per day... so, get ten friends to go, and you each get 50 UP for your day. Get ten friends to go for both days, and well... you'll be salivating for the UP shop to open with the rest of them.

Below is some info from Harald of YOC detailing what you'd be responsible for. It sounds like a pretty sweet gig!

-----------------
From Harald:

Volunteers will be assigned to one of the following, depending on when/who is available: tavern, bar, gate, parking, security, clean-up, children's garden, green room.

Volunteers should show up for the organizational meeting in the tavern at 9am. They will generally be assigned 3 2-hour shifts for the day, and have a 2-hour shift off. They get free food in the green room, and can sleep over in the NPC bunkroom.

Thanks!
-------------------
Cordially,

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Re: Earn Up & Help Fi By Volunteering At Silver Kingdom
Posted by: Laurie G (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 11:12AM

While some may seem self explanatory, to elaborate from past experience:

Tavern - bus and clean tables, generally keep the room tidy.

Bar - help serve food and drinks sold by YOC - the lemonade tap is SLOOOOOOW!

Gate - sell tickets, stamps hands, etc

Parking - try to get folks to park in a tidy fashion on the field.

Security - never been assigned this one, but I know Harald has specific instructions.

Clean-up - monitor the garbage cans, replace liners, carry trash to the dumpster, pick up litter.

Children's garden - help the woman running it with the games and activities. There's generally an obstacle course, arts and crafts, and some games involving the tossing of bean bags and/or rings.

Green room - keep the (Operations) area tidy. Serve lunch/snacks to the performers and staff of the event.

Bill and I have two different conflicts this year and can't make it either day, but it is always a ton of fun! Also, UP!!!

Also, also, we've always gone for a single day, but I'm pretty sure there's a campfire or two Saturday evening.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 06/12/12 11:15AM

Posted by: Morgan C (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 11:15AM

I have to coordinate/check with/etc. some people, but I may be able to make it this weekend if I shuffle some stuff around. Maybe James too.

Perhaps we can use this thread to coordinate transport out to Charlton?

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 11:53AM

I have obligations in Boston until the early afternoon on Saturday but I will likely head out there with Josh soon after and stay through Sunday.

Posted by: James P (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 12:32PM

I'll definitely go. I've got the weekend open, and am kinda still feeling the LARP bug even after the last event.

Morgan and I can take the T out anywhere that's convenient for carpooling. We'll help with gas too, of course.

Posted by: Stephanie P (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2012 01:47PM

I have Saturday free, but not Sunday. Is there anyone in the Boston area I can hitch a ride with there and back? I'll chip in for gas and/or bake you pastries...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.