Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:26

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Canceling Spring 1, 2023 Event, Hang Out And Move In Instead
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2023 12:11AM

Good evening everyone,

Due to life events for a variety of people, we do not have the requisite number of available players to be able to run Spring 1 as scheduled. We are sorry for the false start and hope that players and cast alike will nevertheless join us that weekend to get acclimated to our new home at Taber Creek.

I have spoken with our gracious site host and she will be allowing us to use the time we had reserved on Friday and Saturday. We will be moving all FI props, costumes, etc. to Taber Creek on Friday the 21st. Details to come.

I would like to take the time Saturday to leisurely walk the site and go over the lay of the land with people in person. In particular, Taber Creek will offer more accessibility. Players will be able to figure out where they would like to have their personal or themed cabins for future events as well. We will either cook on site or grab dinner somewhere nearby.

This would be an excellent opportunity to come meet us if you were thinking of coming to play or cast swap. We welcome folks with open arms, are eager to show you who we are as a community, and can’t wait to share the rich setting and camaraderie we’ve developed over the years.

To elaborate: Fall 2 was understaffed due to a variety of health reasons and I did not adapt quickly enough in the moment to deliver the quality of event I want us to be able to hold ourselves to. Better to regroup than deliver a subpar experience. I also know we all look forward to being able to see each other. So even though we are not able to hold Spring 1 as scheduled, we hope you will join us to get a feel for the new site and help us sustain our amazing community. From the number of people who have reached out and communicated to me, this was a one-off conflict they had. We currently project having sufficient player numbers to run Spring 2.

That being said, we have had significant attrition in our senior cast numbers for a variety of physical health and mental health reasons. While we do have energetic cast eager to help with events at run time, we could use your help with plot follow up and what the path forward will look like for the colony.

From the beginning of this arc I envisioned that you the players would take increasing agency in creating the legacy you would leave within the game world, and I welcome the incredible creative work you have put into suggesting ways you would like to continue moving the world forward. We’ve had to cast and recast some non-player characters, and I ask your understanding as we bring new cast members and players willing to take cast shifts up to speed. I consider myself lucky to have in-game fig leaves for these changes, but I know it is not a full substitute for what continuity can bring to such roles.

The colonists of Reunion you will meet and reacquaint yourselves with at the new site will be looking to you all to guide the fate of the Colony, the Coalitions, and the Mothership Project, and I am excited by the visions you’ve proposed.

On a logistical note, we can refund or forward your Spring 1 registration as you prefer, or apply it as a donation toward Sponsor A Player or Feed A Cast. Please send a help request with your preferred solution.

Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to exploring our new home with you on the 21st and 22nd.

-Josh M
Mr. Head of Plot

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Re: Canceling Spring 1, 2023 Event, Hang Out And Move In Instead
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2023 10:40AM

Hi Everyone!

Schedule for this weekend:

Friday, 1:00 PM, I will arrive on site at YOC, and we will start staging for loading the UHaul if it is not already on site.

As soon as it is fully loaded we will head to Taber Creek. Address is 1174 Buckley Highway, Union, CT. Many hands make light the load, any help will be super appreciated and rewarded with UP, but I understand folks have work.

Once at Taber Creek we will unload into the newly upgraded storage shed, and hopefully be done before dark.

Dinner to follow.

Saturday
I will aim to be onsite by noon, finish any needed organization of the storage shed, and have a group site walk at 2:00.

We will take a leisurely stroll of the site, then sit down in the new commissary to discuss details of site usage and lore dive for any new folks joining us.

Then maybe some FI themed board games/TTRPGs if folks are inclined. Feel free to bring snacks/munchies.

During/afterwards, we can either order pizza or go out to eat as people prefer. As usual, Cast meals will be covered. Please let me know by direct message if you need assistance with covering food cost as a player.

Looking forward to seeing you all,

-Josh M
Mr HoP

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.