Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:26

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Fall 2: Weather, Camping, Etc...
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2012 12:13PM

Hello there colonists!

For those who might not be paying attention, our current relative warmth is about to be zapped out of the region. It is expected to be very cold this event, especially at night. Please, for the love of Mother, consider this when you are thinking about camping onsite.

If you do not have proper below-freezing camping gear, don't even think about it. I reserve the right to kick you out of your tent and into a cabin if you are ill prepared.

THERE IS ROOM FOR YOU IN THE CABINS, I strongly recommend that you sleep there and stay warm this event.

I have done the sleeping assignments for this event to accomodate everyone in a cabin accordingly. If you insist on sleeping in a tent and have adequate gear to do so despite the cold, please PM me and let me know.

Cordially,

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Re: Fall 2: Weather, Camping, Etc...
Posted by: Liz T (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2012 01:05PM

Seems appropriate.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/13/12 01:06PM

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2012 08:19AM

In the same vein.... Three Man players, with cool team t-shirts... cool is right. You might wish to consider bringing some generic long-sleeved shirt to wear under your flashy team colors.

Or don't, you're all adults and I'd never tell anyone what to do (but freezing to death probably will cost you the game)

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2012 09:43AM

Report from the Mist of Prophecy Larp. Field was very wet last weekend. Three man players may also want to bring extra clothes. That might go for everyone too. I picked up an extra set of boots this week cause my feet were soaked after the event.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2012 10:12AM

PS: If you do end up with soaked clothing, and have been prescient enough to bring a spare outfit to wear in the meantime, we do have access to a dryer up in Ops.

We won't wash clothes for you, but we'll absolutely toss something in the dryer for you if it means the difference between soggy miserable players and happy dry people to kill!

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2012 12:34PM

yeah..dry dirt instead of wet dirt!

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Sabrina W (IP Logged)
Date: November 14, 2012 02:43PM

Might I suggest a turtleneck under your Three-Man jerseys? grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.