Welcome Colonist !   There are 37 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:18

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
First Aid Tape
Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 01:19PM

Hey guys, I know a lot of the medics out there use medical tape when using the First Aid skill. I was wondering specifically what kind of tape you guys have found to work best? Or do you just buy whatever the cheapest generic brand is?

Thanks!

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Re: First Aid Tape
Posted by: Michael L (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 01:41PM

I use Curad tape. I think it's the extra strength cloth one, not the one that comes in the little portable container because I didn't want the brand and label breaking immersion. It was on sale when I found it so I stocked up because while it wasn't the absolute cheapest it seemed to be quality enough to stick reliably and it was pretty cheap on sale.

Though I have noticed it's a lot wider than the tape most other people are using and I don't know if that's an inconvenience for the people I patch up or not. I think it stays on pretty well? I've only had to use it on myself once.

Basil Williams

Doctor
Hopeless Idealist
Marshal Service Forensics Expert/Senior Deputy Marshal
Exploracorps Field Member
Eternal Optimist

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 02:05PM

I get the cheapest generic cloth tape, cloth stays on better than the stiff plasticy type!

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 03:32PM

Incidentally, please don't use band-aids. They stick to various fabrics in rather unpleasant ways.

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 03:59PM

But I just found Utopia Bandaids.

Utopia Ltd. Band-aids

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 04:09PM

I think Josh found the worst way to do first aid: wrap medical tape around a guys calf. Zach had a very fun time getting that bandage off winking smiley

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Ryan P (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 05:45PM

around a guys BARE calf, the leg hair that was lost, was..... painful...

Doctor Christopher Marcetti Valentine - "Snowman/Seven"
Retired CDF Fostrum
Assistant Chief Surgeon - M.E.

"Nothing will drive a man harder then Revenge. And there is no force on this world or mother that will stop them" ~ Unknown

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I dont have it, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will find you and I will kill you." ~ Some famous actor some where.

Posted by: Victoria V (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 08:00PM

I like the offbrand (CVS) version of 3M's Durapore. It's a cloth tape that sticks well and tears nicely if you know how to rip it.
That said, you'll see me start the tear by carefully biting the tape, because working with tape while wearing two layers of gloves is an...adventure.
Also, tape on bare skin in general is pretty sad. I personally keep as much skin covered as I can, but I know that if people were taping up my skin, it'd become irritated fairly quickly. Also, even strong cloth tape will come off under the sweat conditions of Saturday afternoon, and that's just inconvenient.

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: July 7, 2014 09:13PM

Because I'm broke as a joke, I just get the 'paper' medical tape from the Dollar Tree store. Its only a dollar. sometimes they have double packs. It sticks well for what you need it too and it really easy to get off. I've never had an issue with it.

But, Dollar Tree medical tape for the win.

Michelle *Mika* Slade >n.n<
Colony Touchstone 505 Morale Officer!
" Perks you up where you need it!"

Posted by: Jennifer C (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2014 09:11PM

+1 on the no bandaids thing! A pair of my convertible travel pants has band-aid marks on it, possibly permanently. Probably permanently since I've washed them a bunch of times. But, on the positive side, whenever I wear them I think of FI and bleeding out. Which makes me happy.

Magnus Sulara Parity Blue
Colonial Defense Force
Gimel Yoga Instructor

My name is Blue and it's been ___ days since my last trip to the Bed.
www.timeanddate.com

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: July 11, 2014 10:25AM

What the H311 are "convertible travel pants"

That sounds like a level 4 device?

Posted by: Jennifer C (IP Logged)
Date: July 16, 2014 12:12PM

m.rei.com

It is a high level procedure. . . . you can zip off the legs to turn them into shorts.

Magnus Sulara Parity Blue
Colonial Defense Force
Gimel Yoga Instructor

My name is Blue and it's been ___ days since my last trip to the Bed.
www.timeanddate.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.