Welcome Colonist !   There are 33 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Is It Bad
Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 05:19PM

Is it a bad thing to have wild fantasies all day about force choking my lead tester/Business Annalist over video conference?

"I find your lack of talent disturbing..."

I need a break....

Re: Is It Bad
Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 05:58PM

No, no, all growing boys have these sort of feelings.

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 11:42PM

never kill a minion. Fear of death is motivational.... actual death lowers productivity

Posted by: Melanie N (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 12:15PM

I am a Business Systems Analyst - more specifically the only QA Test Planner on 2 agile dev teams. One of the teams is great, we write tests, find bugs, fix them with the help of our WONDERFUL developers...the other team, doesn't like to test, doesn't like to write business requirements, they don't like find defects, and they place all the blame of defects on me! Well if you never tested it, how did you know that it worked? The developers are on that team are good, but apparently nothing they code can be 'unit tested' it all must be front-end tested.

"Quality Matters"

"It is cheaper to fix in developement then once it is in Production"

"Test Early, Test Often"

Date: May 1, 2014 05:51PM

I am a Senior Architect.
I just whipped some devs senseless today for not following their own code revision rules design. And missing files causing a bug.
My core competency is yelling.

Date: May 1, 2014 05:53PM

My testers don't know what unit testing means. We get them from the lowest bidder.

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 05:56PM

Mel, that is bull. Unit testing is applicable to every bit of code you write (says the developer currently trying to fix a broken unit test...)

Tell them I said so!

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/01/14 05:56PM

Posted by: Stephanie P (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 07:25PM

*reads thread*
*laughs quietly*
*laughing intensifies*
*HYSTERICAL SOBBING LAUGHTER*

(Context: I work in academia. Not two weeks ago a grad student admitted he had no test suite for his project, but it was okay because he "ran a few jobs and made sure the output looked okay" whenever he changed something.

Last week a post-doc suggested that we upgrade our server because the post-doc's code has a memory leak that was crowding out other services. [Admittedly, this is also because Jetty is not resilient to hosting badly-behaving code.]

I have had to tell a professor "'Do what I mean' is not a spec." [I also had to persuade them that record storage in xml files had substantial disadvantages compared to a datatabase.])

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 05/01/14 07:30PM

Posted by: Yelena T (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 07:45PM

Stephanie, I wonder how you stay sane. Well, as sane as you are. smiling smiley

Posted by: Melanie N (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 09:30PM

I am sorry for bs Analyst's but glad that at least one of my teams is amazing! I love testing with them. I know ALL about 'the cheapest' tester's...I trained my replacement in my last job that who was a contractor in India. More than 6 mo. later she contacted me asking for help debugging a test...the component was named 'Prior to 2011 SQL Validation' I was on the phone trying to explain. I totally told my old manager since I should not have even picked up the phone when she called!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.