Welcome Colonist !   There are 57 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:20

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Instructions For Gift Bag
Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: January 6, 2013 06:02AM

To those of you who received Instant Date Kits, there were supposed to be instructions, but my printer apparently is being mentored by Amber's, and decided to run out of ink just as I went to print them.

Instant Date Kit

Thank you for selecting the Acme Instant Date Night Date Kit.
Please check contents. They should include :
Popcorn x2
Movie Theater Candies
Peanut Butter Cups x2
Dvd
Plan B Entertainment approach (varies by kit)

Instructions :
1) Place DVD in appropriate audio-visual entertainment system (not included)
2) Pop Corn in Microwave (Not included, it is unknown if a microwave barrier will serve this function)
3) Enjoy Popcorn, candy, and Movie. This is better accomplished with liquid refreshment of choice (not incuded)
4) Should DVD-Movie be less than enjoyable, feel free to stop at some point and switch to Plan B entertainment.
5) Should that too fail to amuse, there are additional options (DVD frisbee, mocking Acme Instant Date, Inc, Plotting attacks on megalomaniacs, etc)

Thank you for enjoying this Acme Product

Acme Instant Date Inc, assumes no liability for anything that occurs as the result of using, or attempting to use this kit. Use at your own risk. Drink responsibly. Don't shoot people with toy guns unless they like that sort of thing

Re: Instructions For Gift Bag
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: January 7, 2013 11:05AM

Another fine product brought to you by ACME: Anton Carrera's Mudder Emporium.

Seriously though, thank you Chris, it was really sweet of you.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: January 7, 2013 11:11AM

Agreed. Totally unexpected and utterly outstanding!

Thank you sir!

Posted by: Brad A (IP Logged)
Date: January 7, 2013 12:05PM

At first, I was skeptical of the Acme Instant Date Night Date Kit. I thought "Oh sure, here is another one of those supposed one stop shot solutions to a good time that will end in frustration". Well boy howdy was I wrong. The gift was secured with tissue paper which would later prove useful for wiping away the tears of joy from this product. The use of Peanut brittle was genius. Peanuts are one of the most common allergens and the inclusion of this was just another step that Acme took to make sure others would not pilfer our kit. Thanks Acme, we noticed.
But the surprises did not stop there, you even had the presence of mind to put two toys in that package. How did you know that we would have fought over one toy? That's a rookie mistake that most date night kits make but not the AIDNDK!
And sure, we got some looks walking the streets through the seedier areas of Boston. Jealous onlookers spotting the signature packaging of Acme products. We even got harried by some of the ruffians thinking we were a couple of pushovers with some sappy movie and nothing but puppy love in our hearts. Once I pulled out the copy of Terminator: Salvation they took a different tune. Romantic comedy fans are no problem to jump on the streets. But action movie buffs? They knew they were in over their heads.
So here I am with my faith in Date Night Kits renewed. I loved the product so much that I am going the get this exact kit every year for my friends, the same load out to! I'm just going to put the Swedish fish into my LARP kit and this makes one happy customer.

Thanks again Acme.
See you all at the Acme Tech Expo!

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: January 7, 2013 12:22PM

I can't possibly beat Brad's thank you, which was most certainly inspired by a certain banana slicer? (Or inadequately labeled chopper, to be more specific.)

But thank you, Chris. Your thoughtfulness is so very appreciated, and Jelani and I are already planning our Date Night for when we return from North Carolina.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.