Welcome Colonist !   There are 121 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:25

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Stray Kitteh Home Found!
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: November 27, 2012 12:46PM

Update to original post: Catling has been placed with the mother of a friend, and I have all fingers crossed that it will work out delightfully well for all parties, human and feline.

Thanks!
-Amber

--------------------------
Okay, so when Jelani calls me a bleeding heart, he may just be right...

There's been a cat (either an older kitten or just a very small cat) thats been sighted around my office building for the last 10 days or so. Each day it's looked a little shabbier and worse for wear. Yesterday, it apparently decided it'd had enough of this living rough thing, and allowed me to take it home in a box. While it's a bit worse for wear (matted fur, very skinny), it's really a diamond in the rough. Within an hour of getting it into my living room, it was out from under the couch, devouring some dinner and ready to recieve All The Love. We had trouble getting a few pictures of it to post online because it kept nuzzling our hands which were holding the camera.

It has clearly been someone's pet in the past, as it's litter box trained, and very clearly used to people and craving affection, and sadly, while I would love to be its Forever Home, our landlord won't allow us a second cat.

If you (or a friend) can offer it a good, safe, loving home, we'd love to hear from you. We are currently performing searches with local resources to make sure we aren't giving away someone's cherished pet, but with no collar, no tag, and the state it was discovered in, it is highly likely it was abandoned.

No idea on its health status, or even its gender (we're respecting its privacy, quoth High Fidelity), but its either female or neutered male. We're giving it a dewormer tonight just in case, since its clearly been outside for a while.

At any rate, all this blathering aside- it is just about the sweetest cat I have ever encountered. I wish to hell we could be keeping it, and will only hand it over to a good home or a no-kill shelter if we can't find a good home.

If you might have room in your home, give me a shout. If you have a friend who might, please feel free to give them any of my contact info.

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/28/12 07:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.