Welcome Colonist !   There are 86 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:25

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Winter Party!
Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:16PM

So. In addition to our usual tavern fare and bar-karaoke shinnanigans it has been muttered that you masses miiiight want to hold a little shindig again this year.

SO I PRESENT YOU!

Future Imperfects Annual Winter Shin-Diggable
No YOU go to bed!!
Sponsored by Dr Mcgillicutty

I'd love to get an idea of who might be interested in helping me throw this little soiree.
Drinks (alcoholic and non)
Snacky foods
Other proposed means of entertainment?

I will be planning to touch base with the hotel and see if there are space options available for us (they were amazing to us last year afterall). I've even considered trying to get a projector and doing movies or vidja games for you masses at large.

Sound off! Who wants to party with Dr Mcgillicutty?!?!

Re: Winter Party!
Posted by: Morgan C (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:20PM

I would be down for providing snacky foods and trying out this fancy pumpkin beer keg idea I found, if I can obtain a pumpkin.

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:26PM

See also: Catalystmas. I thought of it yesterday and haven't stopped giggling since.

I am so in for this. I propose a game of Cards Against Humanity or three. If you've never played it, it's Apples to Apples for terrible people. It's available online (for free!) and I believe multiple players/cast have copies. I, however, am not one of them.

Also, Kevin has a projector. Maybe he'll bring it if we ask nicely. smiling smiley

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:27PM

We could play some Left 4 Tampered!

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:33PM

I'm in, and willing to help with whatever you need me to. Zach will be on winter break, so I see no issue with us getting down there around 6ish on Friday night. We might even be able to show up earlier, as I have a good amount of vacation saved up.

I like the idea of having games and such as well.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:38PM

All I ask is that the party is AFTER the event, not before, as otherwise many cast folks may be jittery, unlikely to be able to enjoy themselves, and otherwise running around crazy.

That said, I am always down for cooking for a shindig! Let me know if I can help out with anything in the baked/cooked variety.

I am not sure the hotel is really supposed to have let us use space, I think that was more just a really nice and laid back night security guard. Something to ponder before asking for an official ok. Not saying not to, just don't want to cause any trouble for anyone.

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:42PM

Take Noland, he can Psych Charm the guard.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 03:42PM

Drinking Guess Who Catalyst?

Date: November 20, 2012 03:45PM

Its why I want to touch base beforehand. See if it can be accommodated.

Obviously I plan for this to be Saturday night after karaoke and such. I am NOT fighting Stauer while still working off a buzz.

I will likely be at the hotel, myself, on Thursday night. Cause I likes me a little mini-vacation.

Posted by: Kristin S (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 04:18PM

I'd totally be in for an after party! Private message me with what you are looking for so I can help smiling smiley

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 04:24PM

Woooooooooooooooooo!

(Count me in with light refreshment reinforcements)

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: November 20, 2012 04:53PM

Live down the street from a NH Liquor Outlet. Let me know if there is anything there I can pick up.

Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2012 04:58PM

I'll prolly end up picking up a handle of the Captain like I did at the Summer 1-day. Rum and Coke was fairly popular.

Along this same idea, I intend to run a War Movie Marathon Friday night for players (and cast if they're equally capable of enjoying themselves under the stress) for as much people as we can reasonably fit in a room. I'll prolly pick up a case of beer or something.

I'd prefer for this to not turn into a Saturday-Night intensity party... mostly just getting pumped and watching some kickass flicks before getting sleep.

In fact, I'll start another thread for Friday night so as not to clog this one.

Posted by: Alex S (IP Logged)
Date: November 21, 2012 12:36PM

I'll see what I can bring, if something specific is needed let me know. I'll probably try and bring some good stout.

Posted by: Tim M (IP Logged)
Date: November 21, 2012 01:51PM

I've been known to party once or twice before.... And the 1 day is on my birthday this year! So I guess I'm forced to party...
I'll bring some beverages (alcoholic)... Let me know if anything else is needed.

Posted by: Sabrina W (IP Logged)
Date: November 21, 2012 04:41PM

We gonna have another late late night party again, Tim? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Tim M (IP Logged)
Date: November 21, 2012 04:49PM

I prefer the term "early morning party"

Posted by: Sabrina W (IP Logged)
Date: November 21, 2012 05:17PM

It's a date then! Matt, you better be there too. It just won't be the same without you.

Date: November 21, 2012 08:53PM

As long as derk brings his super fuzy sneakers.

Date: November 21, 2012 10:25PM

Hahahah. Fondling Sneakers, I had completely forgotten about that. Comedy Gold.

Date: December 31, 2012 01:56PM

BUMP!

Hey guys its right around the corner so HEEEEERE we go.

WINTER PARTY 2013
AKA WELCOME TO THE GRINNAHDOME!!!!
sponsored by Dr McGillicutty

I've had some volunteers come forward asking what to bring. First of all THANK YOU.

For the most part (as years past) this is kinda BYOB though I may try to whip up some Grinner-Shots again this year if cash and time permit.

What I'd love to see as well are some non-alcoholic beverages for those under 21 or those needing mixers or just not in the mood to get sloshed (with-hold any jokes/mockery and respect their choices plz)

I'm also in the market for salty and sweet snacks. If you want to bring a bag or two of chips or maybe some baked confection to share that would be AWESOME. Anything pot-luck esque if people want to go that extra mile is more than welcomed. I like to keep food available and do my part to avoid people winding up like... well... Cape Ninja last year. tongue sticking out smiley

THAT being said I am going to touch base with the hotel Friday morning about pre-arranging accommodations and we've thusfar never had an issue with parties in the past. I'd love to see everyone have fun and keep our streak of a good time with no fuss.

I will be on-site early Friday and if need be we could see about refrigeration for people. If people were thinking of pot-luck or crockpot like foods (I love meatballs!) feel free but I cannot promise storage prior to the party. Plan to keep it in your room if you are so generous as to pursue that route.

If you cannot bring anything thats not the end of the world. Throw down a few bucks in our general "donations" and we will distribute to everyone who helps make the party happen. Last year this community was exceedingly amazing and this was a great success. Lets keep it going. grinning smiley

Your Party (I mean player) Liason

Rob AKA Grinner

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2012 02:04PM

I will bring some sort of food to absord all the alcohol in folks' stomach, likely either salty or sweet. Homemade if time and Logistics allows!

Posted by: Alex S (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2012 10:21PM

I will be bring a drinking horn, any requests for what it should be filled with? I'm thinking some good stout!

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2012 11:51PM

You kids have fun. All of us who will be working the overnight, grabbing a nap, and coming will be just as poorly functioning for the event as those of you choosing to mess your heads up with recreational chem.

Date: January 1, 2013 01:51PM

Heey. We've got our priorities worked out. The heavy drinking occurs AFTER game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.