Welcome Colonist !   There are 93 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:25

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Construction Tips Sought
Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2012 10:17AM

I have to deal with hardware failure on my poker tables. Liquid Steel was recommended, and I will be using it, but given some of the screws that had liquid nails actually took the wood out with them, I suspect I need to add additional legs to them.

I am not a carpenter. The simple, inexpensive solution is to cut 2x4's, cross brace them, and mount them to the center support boards where they fold (with an extension and another leg helping support the other end of the table). This should work, but is far from asthetically pleasing. It is an improvement in the "Won't collapse and break someone's leg" area, so I will be using this method if nobody with more skill can suggest a method (preferably one I can't possibly screw up) to accomplish the same goal.

Also, I have recently gotten a wireless keyboard. If anyone has a good way to mount it on a stationary bike (so that it can be used as such again, as opposed to the clothes rack its been for the last year and a half) I would appreciate it

Re: Construction Tips Sought
Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2012 10:31AM

Zach would be a good person to ask, but he's in CA until Saturday morning for work. Send him a message on Facebook, as he doesn't check the boards all that often.

Re: Construction Tips Sought
Posted by: Chapman B (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2012 11:23AM

You want your poker tables to still be able to fold up, yes?

Also, if it were me, I'd probably model/print up some brackets to clip the wireless keyboard to the handlebars of the stationary bike. How much rocking ensues when you pedal? do you often exceed 150 RPM on the crank? if so, then the keyboard would likely need to securely fastened to the bike, and not just sitting upon a shelf. when i had my laptop on a stationary bike it was just sitting on a shelf on the handlebars, but i had to use a hand to brace it past 130. it also has more mass than a keyboard.

I used to mount an iPad(and before that, a PSP) to a stationary bike for exercise entertainment. And before the 3d printer made it easy, i macgyver-ed something with duct tape and nylon straps.

Pics or a sketch with dimensions would enable me to give you more assistance, which I'm happy to do.

feel free to PM me about it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.