Welcome Colonist !   There are 43 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
The Opposite Of Hate...
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 06:11AM

Ok, so we've had a rousing game of "I Hate", Catalyst's number one (or two) past-time (depending on who you ask, sorry Blazer!)

But with game less than a week away now, what are you most excited about for the event, or for the return of the game less specifically?

Keep in mind that what you know about game, you know about game- so this is not a good place to expose your world domination scheme or your plot to blow up everyone. Not that anyone would ever do such naughty things...

But, what are you psyched for?

Re: The Opposite Of Hate...
Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 07:18AM

Seeing every one again out side of the virtual space

Posted by: Tim M (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 07:53AM

I'm excited about my world domination scheme and my plot to blow everyone up!..... Errrr, I mean... All the fun things I had just gotten started before....

I can't wait to see everyone and reprise my role as Cape Ninja which I had feared dead not all that long ago.
I've got new weapons, new costuming. I'm looking forward to the rest of my costuming showing up at my house this week, and of course , putting it all together to kick sum @$$ in on Saturday!
Also, I'm excited for the 20 ft statue of cape ninja.... Surely, that's what the big secret is all about.

- Cape Ninja of The Preceperi

Director of Human Resources, N.A.M.

Linnaeus Karradin Kaine
Colony Defense Force ( Retired )

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 08:52AM

I'm just happy to hang out with such honest, peace-loving, kind people.

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 09:37AM

I'm excited to complete the story arcs we've all been working so hard on, and to experience all the crazy things that happen along the way.

But mostly, I'm psyched I get to wear my normal costume again and I'm able to fight and move around as much as I want. Though, I might need to hire a babysitter....

Date: January 30, 2012 10:09AM

I'm looking forward to having an excuse for putting on all those wigs and all those dialects.

Jelani just looks at me funny when I do it around the house.

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 10:22AM

Plot, plot, and more plot. So many stories were left unfinished and now we get to keep plugging away at them, for better or for worse.

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 10:39AM

To be truthful (and sappy)
I was really down when I thought Grinners story was over. I have, over the past few years, put a lot of myself, my imagination and effort into that persona. From his friends and companions to his enemies and rivals Grinner is the paramount of 16 years of larping for me.

I love grinding nums, bugs, tampers, and mercs to a pulp
I love applying real world ideas and sciences to resolve fantasy diseases and afflictions.
I love Bravo, rolling with my boys and laying waste to people (and sometimes having our asses handed to us)
I love Buckles and V, Doc Sophie, Walter, and Little Maddie
I love Partying with Dominic, butting heads with Maddie, cat-and-mouse tactics with Vlad and Cameron, and fist-fights with Jimmy the Executioner.
I love Jinjia, who defined Grinner in a big way and has probably been one of the largest motivating factors behind that characters growth and development (more to come) I've never had a character with a true "rival" and most larps really frown upon good PVP. But its classy here. We butt heads on SO many levels that only maybe once or twice has outright physical violence ever occurred between my "crew" and theirs.
I love 3am lying on the floor in the med center RP'ing with people not even aware that game-off has occurred.
I love developing new procedures and walking the line between Healer and Walking Bio-Weapon
I love that HEALERS HAVE FUN. Most games being a healer is a boring and often thankless job. People with a dedication to the Healer archetype really get to shine in this game in a great many ways.
I love the losing myself in the game
I love a cast of players and staff where I'm not constantly wondering who is and isn't cheating.
and I just frigging love Grinner. Of every persona and character I've made over the years he is the most impactual to me.
And I'm thankful to have him back. Call me a sap for it. But breaking out his gear once again has been the highlight of my year thusfar... even if I'm missing all my device tags. tongue sticking out smiley

See you all Friday.

Date: January 30, 2012 11:06AM

Well said, sir.

PS: You said you looooooove her....

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 11:15AM

I also said i love Jinjia. Clearly I'm not in my right mind.

Addendum. I love Jinjia. But D-Trip is still a big bag of bastard. grinning smiley

Date: January 30, 2012 11:51AM

Clearly not in the right mind! But then, that's half the fun.

Posted by: Trescha B (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 12:20PM

I can't wait to interact with you all. It's been far too long I'm almost forgetting how to play some of my characters. But you know writing up the plots makes me excited, glad to know you all are excited to what we've been cooking up.

Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 03:32PM

Its all been covered, it seems.

All of the stories that launched, and didn't get to come full circle.
All of the character growth that I had started to get into with PC and Cast Character interactions.
The subtle work of power struggles and personal goals that directly opposed the goals of 'your friends'.

ICAN'TWAIT

Posted by: Jeff H (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 07:15PM

Obviously the same as everyone, watching the stories we have been telling continue to develop!

I also am looking forward to seeing the further development of Jacobi. He ran into a few major roadblocks last event, which are probably character altering. I can't wait to see how he will react to circumstances smiling smiley

Posted by: Mike I (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 07:18PM

Art STILL just wants to help.

Posted by: Sarah M (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 10:43PM

as watcher in life i am in game as well I love being in the story as well as watching it Im like the reader whos part of the story wanting to know the end and find out the book fanished off the earth and now some how probly by dr who it has come back and i can find out the secrets and the results of people actions and Also probly be a baby sitter lol . I miss all of you even those I hate in game I love you all out because we all make FI what I love and life just wouldnt be as fun with out you!

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2012 12:22AM

If you love someone, set them on fire.

Let me love you, Catalyst.

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2012 02:19AM

That's set their HEART on fire... NO, NOT LITERALLY!

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2012 11:33AM

I'm psyched to have another excuse to spend late hours building props. Time to mass produce Utopia Ltd Vertigo Caps.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Posted by: William B (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2012 04:00PM

I am psyched to see my favorite game rise from the ashes because of the community formed between the players. I am excited to once again immerse myself in the very human interactions that shape this world every event. I'm looking forward to trying to figure out what's going on through various channels, going through paramilitary motions with my brothers and sisters in the CDF, and doing everything within my power to make this fictional world a better place through technology- even if Orion is hanging on by a thread to do so. I love this game, and everyone who helps make it what it is, players and cast.

<3 Will/Orion

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.