Welcome Colonist !   There are 60 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Costuming Contact Lenses
Posted by: Benjamin L (IP Logged)
Date: February 27, 2012 09:21PM

I've been looking into getting contact lenses for costuming purposes and I was wondering if people could give me advice about them. I don't really know where to start or what price range to look at. Also, given that I'd be wearing them for a while, would people suggest them for FI, or would it just get too uncomfortable?

I don't need glasses, but my eyes are somewhat sensitive because I had PRK (laser eye corrective surgery that is slightly more damaging than Lasik) done last year. I am certainly going to consult my eye doctor before getting any, but I wanted to know people's experience with them.

Re: Costuming Contact Lenses
Posted by: Jeremy S (IP Logged)
Date: February 28, 2012 12:16AM

I usually purchase mine through www.nighteyes.cc They have really good prices and a huge variety. I have always been able to wear them comfortably for long periods of time despite having an eye curvature that is not quite standard.

Theatrical lenses are much thicker than standard contacts though and can easily irritate your eyes. You really want to check with your optometrist about whether you can wear them or not.

Jeremy

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: February 28, 2012 10:09AM

If you want the best quality theatrical, consider 9mmsfx.com and expect to pay about $300. (Note that the prices on 9mm are by -lens- not by pair.) I wouldn't recommend cheap off-brands for long time wear if you're getting something fancy.

On the other hand, if you just want a slight color change, you can get a pair of gold Freshlooks for much less at your local optometrist. smiling smiley

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: March 9, 2012 09:39AM

I have the gold freshlooks as my every day eyes, and they do make quite the impression. Also the violet ones that they offer do the same.

I've had contacts since I was 11. At first your irritated by them, but then you just forget about them really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.