Welcome Colonist !   There are 31 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Immobilize And Procedures
Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2022 12:00PM

Can you use any procedures while immobilized? I have a vague recollection of there being a rule that you could use touch range procedures while immobilized, but don't see defined anywhere. (And if we can, can we also use packet based procedures at touch range.) Also there was an infused at Spring 1 who used an environmental effect repel while immobilized. I just want to be clear what can/can't be done.

Re: Immobilize And Procedures
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2022 05:04PM

Only Procedures which specifically allow you to use them “while Immobilized” or “while no limbs are free”.

Alternatively, if one was engaged in conversation for a full 5 minutes while Immobilized, one could deliver a Psych Procedure by Interview.

Certain Devices may trigger themselves while you are immobilized, due to a Contingency, Emergency Override. or it being an IVI.

A Skunk infusion might have its own rules in the procedure.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2022 07:04PM

How do you talk while immobilized? Shouldnt your mouth be frozen?

Granted i might be overthinking it, when I died while immobilized i wouldnt even fall over until the five minutes were done.

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: May 29, 2022 12:36PM

I find it helpful to think of Immobilize as a “Maim All Limbs” that is able to be cured differently. Alternatively, “Bind All Limbs.” You can still talk but you aren’t going anywhere and you can’t do anything that would require use of your hands.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: June 7, 2022 03:25PM

Closer to "Bind All Limbs" than "Maim All Limbs", but that's the idea. Specifically, remember that "Bind" can be fixed with any amount of "Repair", and "Maim" can be fixed with any amount of "Heal".

"Immobilize" is only fixed by "Cure Immobilize."

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.