Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Interview Restoration - We Can Do Better
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 01:21PM

Just going to chime in and say that I really appreciate the tone of this thread, trying to focus on ways to make the experience better for everyone. The interview mechanic and current configuration of restoration are purposefully meant to incentivize RP with each other, sharing info from WDAs and gossip gleaned from talking with townsfolk or observations on the current behavior of the animals - anything at all really to help include people in what's going on in the world and clue them in as to what your character's story is.

Keep being awesome and lifting each other up.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Sky R (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 03:38PM

So, I would posit that the question we need to answer is:
How do we facilitate good conversation about what is going on in the world, without making psychologists feel like CP batteries or cheapening the conversations that are had by making them surface level. Maybe this is a rp interview guidance rule?

Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 04:48PM

I guess you can talk to your psychiatrist about your day, and certain developments that have happened.

Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 07:06PM

So Cyn brought up an idea that I think was great. I'll let them explain if they want, but it basically made it so that group therapy specifically had a set time duration and specific participants, and it was an all-or-nothing sort of thing.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 09:41PM

"As someone who often ends up doing interviews, agreed about being used as CP batteries."

Pull up a chair kiddo, and let me spin you a yarn about the old times....

Uphill, Both ways, Twice.

Posted by: Cynthia M (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 09:48PM

As Rhiannon stated. I’ve been brainstorming with Andrew/Rhiannon about possibly having a session of Group Therapy be X participants (X=Psych Theory level) and the time would be discussed before hand. (Ex. This session is going to be 30 mins)
Instead of calling psych effects every 5 minutes, they will all be called at the end of the session.

This (IMO) will feel less disruptive and feel more immersive. The conversation and role play would depend on who is in the group.
This would be just for Group Therapy, this would not effect 1 on 1. It would be a tweak to the specific perks that allow Group Therapy.

Posted by: Sky R (IP Logged)
Date: October 21, 2021 08:29AM

I like this a lot. I feel like Group Therapy tends to be one place where interviewing breaks down the most.

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: October 23, 2021 11:21AM

I feel like setting defined session lengths like that will lead to more situations where therapy just gets abandoned, because things are constantly coming up.

Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: October 23, 2021 11:42AM

I don't necessarily see that as a problem.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2021 01:06AM

It certainly would allow psych technicians to be viable, if instant cp does become harder to get.

Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.