Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Interview Restoration - We Can Do Better
Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 12:52AM

Hey friends, I think as a player base we have gotten a little carried away with group restores and interview mechanics. The perks that allow us to do group Restoration are great, but I think our standards for how we play it have gone too far.

Multiple times this weekend we fell into situations where there were 4+ people adding or receiving CP Restoration in interviews even if they didn't take part in a conversation - I'm guilty of it too!

This is less a call for a rules change and more of a general call to action. Interviews should be interactive, and both the target and the psychologist should be actively taking part in the conversation.

I don't think anyone is doing anything intentionally, I just think what we interpret as an interview has gotten too fast and loose. Let's do better!

-Andrew

Re: Interview Restoration - We Can Do Better
Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 09:23AM

Agreed here, I know that in the past I was guilty of this because I wanted to feel useful. This event, there were multiple instances that I tried to crack down on where people wanted to be in group therapy and then were doing other things at the same time that had nothing to do with the situation (reading random things, doing analysis, prepping procedures).

Also, Cyn and I were talking about this and one of the situations we're noticing is that people are also floating in and out of conversations and still expecting their CP. Or they'll say "Hey I need to be topped up," we'll start, and then they get distracted and leave or start chatting to someone else even though we (the interviewer) just committed time and energy to the interview.

For us, the career psychologists, it feels kinda shitty to be used as CP batteries and not get to perform the actual interview RP that we are trying to engage in. Also to have people with just enough Psych to have restores kinda cheesing it (not everyone does this to be clear) so that what we do doesn't matter feels bad man.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/20/21 10:27AM

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 10:49AM

Agree completely, also lets be focused on a logical subject. My personal favorite is talking about how they used the CP, Combat recap, Recipe and flavor review, Research experiments results.
Tell me Why you need the rest.

Date: October 20, 2021 11:09AM

I love that. I try to focus on debriefing and situation processing as well, and calming/reflection after the fact.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
she/her/hers

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 11:16AM

There is noting calming about what I do, I plan to get you wired up and anxious about the next battle, like a cat in a rocking chair factory, ready to snap into action on the drop of a hat.

smiling smiley

Date: October 20, 2021 11:18AM

Listen, sometimes therapy means getting @#$%& PUMPED AHHHHHH.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
she/her/hers

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 11:28AM

I have thoughts about this, but also not the brainpower to properly expound on it right now. A lot of my thoughts boil down for what the game is balanced around people having access to in a fight vs what RP people are interested in.

Posted by: Sky R (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 11:39AM

As someone who often ends up doing interviews, agreed about being used as CP batteries. I personally would like the requirements of "you need to actively be talking to the psychologist" to be tightened, but not necessarily the requirements of what you need to be talking about to be tightened. Especially for 1-1 psych. I really like the interview process because it can be a way for information to be shared about what is going on, and selfishly, its nice to have a way to be excited about what I am doing with people, and listen to them be excited about what they are doing.

Group therapy is a little interesting. I, at least, have social anxiety which can make it hard to participate in large group situations. However, it is a great way for info to be shared across a group. Maybe making sure things are closed groups? Unsure, but I don't want people to be unable to have their skills restored because they have group social anxiety.

Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 12:22PM

I think the scale of what you have to do should scale to what the psychiatrist thinks they are actually doing. The higher level the interview and more skills you have in it, the more important that should be.

I know i blatantly abused my pep talk on the jamboree because the Jamboree FELT like a cp restoring thing, whether or not it actually was led by a psychiatrist, so i felt i was facillitating a effect based on "Rp that was already going on".

Likewise on 1 to 1s i tried to restore cp by making people listen to my product catalogue, no one took me up on that one. ;n;

Sometimes busy work is relaxing, so I can see restoring cp while like, prepping your pretty gun or building a toaster. But I can feel that because im just restoring Ten cp, slightly more then the smooth taste of picking up darts from the floor. Id feel odder about it if I was giving genius back to a whole fireteam.

Date: October 20, 2021 12:27PM

Yeah I'll admit the Freeborn thing was on me. I realized we had a captive audience and we were actually going to be discussing matters of community and connection so it felt appropriate. I didn't count on a ton of non-career psychologists having the refresh skill and it turning into a clusterfuck of restores.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
she/her/hers

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/20/21 12:28PM

Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.