Welcome Colonist !   There are 73 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Field Workshop.
Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2021 04:10PM

My paymoad for field workshop asks for effect levels of symth tech.

Do i have to pay to actually synth the tech as well?

Also upgrade has a synth effect level of x. If i use it on something in the payload does that determine the x? Or does x just count as zero or 3 (the cost).

So if i do synth lux fridge, then upgrade does the payload have a effect level of 3, 6, 4, or 7?

Also did i spend 6 ce, or 13 ce?

Re: Field Workshop.
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 01:32PM

I'm not quite sure I understand the questions, but here's my answer based on what I think I understand you to be doing.

If you are putting Procedures into a Payload without worrying about using them in-game for other purposes, then the levels of the Procedure are what are generally relevant. If you are actually synthesizing something to physically put in I would use the Quality Level of the final object as the "Level of the Procedure" for its contribution.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 09:47PM

I think the right answer is: If you are putting Upgrade (Level 3? proc) in a Payload but not actually upgrading an in-game piece of equipment, don't spend the extra X cost, and just put it down as 3 levels of upgrade package.

You are sending a package of snap ons spare parts and rough instructions how to make their of-screen gear better.

Same as if I put a Restore 10CP in a payload, it counts as 3 Levels of help toward completing the objective of the payload.

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2021 10:45PM

Better example, If I put a Synthesize Lux Chicken Tech in a Payload, It coulnts as 3 levels of Payload, I dont expend 3CE

Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: October 21, 2021 08:07AM

Okay, i was confused because upgrade's "Effect level" depends on its target.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.