Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Gunz
Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: March 31, 2020 04:32PM

Nerf Ultra range: Yes or no?

Re: Gunz
Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: April 1, 2020 02:03AM

From what ive been told they are a expensive downgrade so i cant see why.

If we do respect to ultra im getting a sword.

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: April 3, 2020 11:17AM

I agree with Ethan here. In addition to requiring an entirely different ammo, they're on the expensive side and barely, if any, more accurate than the Elite series. I REALLY hope this isn't intended to be the long-term replacement to Elites. I hope that this is the awkward teenage phase and in a couple of years we see an improved Elite type series with softer-than-off-brand wafflehead darts.

I see the problems they're trying to solve with the darts, mainly stiffer foam for fewer jams and a heavier head, shorter body, and winged tail for accuracy, but they don't seem to be delivering on the latter which I care more about than the occasional jam.

This is a good rundown. I wish he were a little more technical in the testing but the jist is there. Nerf Ultra Series | Initial Analysis

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: April 3, 2020 02:58PM

I mean, the offbrand waffle heads are pretty soft already. All the bad dart varieties we've found have been the smooth tips.

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: April 5, 2020 11:55AM

I don't mean an across the board replacement, I just bought the Revolver and it's dope as hell and I want to play with it.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2020 10:08PM

We’re gonna stick with Elites for the moment, and reassess after the Fall.

Feel free to bring it for safety testing at the next in-person event, I’d love to get my hands on it to see it.

But I don’t want to be having multiple type of non-compatible ammo circulating that can cause issues.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.