Welcome Colonist !   There are 90 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:23

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Prosthetic Limbs
Posted by: Ryan B (IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2019 01:41PM

If an engineer wanted to build a prosthetic limb that had a procedure built in, would that by the spirit of the rules need to be an implant device or could it be a regular device?

Ex.: If I wanted to build a prosthetic arm that could Cure Maim, would I need to use one of my implant modifiers to do so?

Adam Invictus MD, Cybersurgeon
Pioneer Medical Center Research Hospital
---
"I need you to believe in me,
Until there's nothin' left of us..."

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/06/19 03:29PM

Re: Prosthetic Limbs
Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2019 03:21PM

Obviously this is a question for staff to answer in writing, but I'd like to point out a complication with a prosthetic device *not* operating as an implant.

What happens if I steal the prosthesis?

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2019 03:42PM

I imagine the same thing that Happens when you steal a terminal... Physrep stays, Device tag or Tech tag gets removed.

Someone stole the Microprocessor from your arm, you still got and Arm... but it dont work.

I will also point out an additional downside to non implant... Destroy Device does not work on implants because its protected by the body, an arm is out in the open and fair game, it does not inherit any durability from the body.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2019 10:27PM

Ideally, to cure a permanently damaged limb it should be an Implant.

If it is not then, as pointed out, it is vulnerable to Disable/Break/Destroy, the tag is stealable, and other such complications.

If we are talking about an item that is an actual prosthetic OOG, don’t be a @#$%&. Just take the Tag.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.