Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Negate Corner Cases
Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2019 10:12AM

If I'm suffering from a negate combat, can I use uncalled guns? If no, can I still use a single shot, as that isn't a purchased skill?

If I'm suffering from negate all skills, can I still use uncalled guns/blades? If no, can I still use a single shot, as that isn't a purchased skill?

If I'm suffering from a negate discipline, and my classification benefits let me count some amount of general skills as that theory, for example a dalet counting some recovery as stealth gets hit by a 'negate stealth' can they still use their recovery? I assume if they have more recovery that they aren't counting as stealth they can still use that, but if all their recovery is counted are they unable to use it?

Re: Negate Corner Cases
Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2019 10:17AM

Combat is a non Call Science, Default Delivery Via Gun... Barrier Combat has in the past included Uncalled Shots.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Date: November 6, 2019 10:38AM

I'd like to hear the official word on this from staff. Also, when did barrier combat include uncalled attacks?

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2019 11:03AM

Literally every time the GDF Attacked in FI2

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2019 11:10AM

I was pretty sure the GDF specifically had Barrier, Uncalled Shots. But I could be wrong.

Date: November 7, 2019 11:46AM

I'm also fairly sure they had barrier uncalled shots.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2019 10:41PM

Negate Combat negates Combat Discipline skills. Use of uncalled weapons is still possible, but you can’t use called shots or skills from Combat. You could still use an AMP, Device, or Bestowed Effect (for example the ones from Physics).

If you are suffering from Negate All Skills, then they are included.

For Recovery: The operative word is “May.” You may choose not to for that Negate Combat call. But Negate Any would still catch them.

Regarding Barrier Vs Combat protecting you from Uncalled Shots: I’m not sure what the ruling was for the previous arc.

For this arc, Barrier Vs Combat does not protect you from Uncalled Shots.

If it did, you would have to move at a walk or slower, since anytime you are protected from all Uncalled Shots you must move at a walking pace or slower.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2019 12:18PM

I'm really happy about this, actually. While this distinction may be disappointing if you're planning to roll out as an unstoppable bullet soaking machine, this lets the majority of the player base use their weapons in most combats. It also prevents a heavily kitted enemy from becoming entirely useless in one hit. Previously, once barrier vs. uncalled shots was literally running around the field, it made a LOT of people much less useful in combat and turned field fights into high stakes games of tag (you're dead). I'm excited to see how it balances in practice but I for one am looking forward to it!

Date: November 19, 2019 12:36PM

The guns skill is a 'combat discipline skill.' Is this ruling saying that negate combat skips guns?

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: November 20, 2019 04:28PM

Josh M Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Negate Combat negates Combat Discipline skills.
> Use of uncalled weapons is still possible, but you
> can’t use called shots or skills from Combat..."

I can't see that reading any other way. Negating Combat skills won't stop someone from using guns in general.

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.