Welcome Colonist !   There are 72 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Consumable Persistence
Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2019 09:28AM

Do consumables persist between events? (And/or does that vary based on the consumable?)

I have a set of agar plates that I want to possibly see used in dev/research and want to figure out how that works.

Re: Consumable Persistence
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2019 05:16PM

They should be good to go to hold onto.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: November 5, 2019 12:15PM

I was certain that consumables were meant to expire at the end of event. I know that's how they were in FI 1 and 2, and have not seen anything to contradict it until now in FI3. It's part of why it's no big deal that they produce so much: trinkets and tech are persistent, while consumables go bad between events.

Date: November 5, 2019 12:32PM

I was certain that consumables were meant to expire at the end of event. I know that's how they were in FI 1 and 2, and have not seen anything to contradict it until now in FI3. It's part of why it's no big deal that they produce so much: trinkets and tech are persistent, while consumables go bad between events.

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: November 5, 2019 03:35PM

I dont believe that there was any hard and fast rule that a consumable expired at the end of the event.

I know that in FI1 I had those MRE cans you got with a UP Shop Purchase and those lasted

In FI2 i had a conversation with BP about that, and it was more or less a "Dont make us police this / Dont make people sick with old food"

You make a Pie, sure I could see that not lasting until the next event.

You make a bottle of wine, why would that not last?

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Jason G (IP Logged)
Date: November 5, 2019 05:21PM

I was explicitly told I'm FI 2 as long as I could track it and it was safe, the consumable didn't expire.

Date: November 5, 2019 06:04PM

Sure do wish that had been in a rulebook somewhere. I've been writing off excess consumables because nothing ever countered the old rule.

Date: November 6, 2019 09:41AM

I think this is a Spirit of the rules thing...

If you had like 2 extra on a single procedue creation, sure carry some over.

Don't burn all your genius at end of game to make 100 of a thing, that's a bit cheesy.

Date: November 6, 2019 09:52AM

Additional point on buying down devices and Amps.

Nothing currently prevents someone from taking a Poor Quality Trinket and using an Addictive Modifier to boost it in an AMP to lux or better at less than the procedures standard cost.

Should AMPs and Devices use the same trinket style items to buy down their cost?

Should "Consumables" only be used for "Through Consumables" procedure?

Should Consumables be a 1 resource = 1 output?

To be honest, the through, Consumable modifier on a procedure is almost just as broken. I think we proved that in FI2., There is nothing that states what a "Standard Serving Size" is. So where 1 sandwich is a serving, so is a piece of candy. You can eat way more pieces of Candy than you can sandwiches.

I used to be asked to combine multiple "Servings" into a single phys rep, granted one can only drink so much soda, but that felt cheesy also.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: November 11, 2019 10:21PM

As mentioned in another thread, we’re going to be taking a harder look at Tech, Trinkets, & Consumables to make sure they are working appropriately. They should be providing cost substitution/slight discount to encourage trade in them and use of them.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.