Welcome Colonist !   There are 43 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:18

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Hybrid Classification Clarification: What Is Interchangeable?
Posted by: Alexander G (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 11:51PM

Apologies if I've asked this before; I thought that I had but couldn't find it in the Rules board, and couldn't remember the answer, so perhaps I haven't.

The text of the Hybrid Classification reads in part: "You can use the 2 Chosen Methods in the 2 Chosen Disciplines interchangeably with each other." If my two chosen Methods are Genius and Engineering, and my two chosen Disciplines are Biology and Production, does this mean:
a) my Biology Genius and Biology Engineering are a single pool which I can use for Biology Procedures and Devices, and my Production Genius and Production Engineering are a similar single pool
b) my Biology Genius and Production Genius are a single pool which I can use for Biology or Production Procedures, and my Biology Engineering and Production Engineering are a single pool which I can use for Biology or Production Devices
c) I can use Biology Genius, Production Genius, Biology Engineering, and Production Engineering as a single pool for Biology or Production Procedures or Devices

I understand that the Perks given in the rulebook are meant as examples and are not an exhaustive list, and I am asking because I imagine that with the different impacts of each of the given possibilities, and as such I would like to confirm what is achievable and likely to be allowed at the stated price (50 CP).

Re: Hybrid Classification Clarification: What Is Interchangeable?
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2019 02:36PM

Advanced Classification Perks are meant to be significantly discounted for what you are getting back from them, which is why we limit them to one (1) per character. Thus, the 50 CP cost is not really a fair indicator of what can be achieved at that cost with other Perks not similarly limited.

As to your original question, option (c).

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 08/22/19 09:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.