Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Perks And Learning
Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 12:07PM

A couple perk related Questions:

1.) Perk theory. There has been talk for a while about perks counting as some form of theory, and when we've asked about it, we've gotten a we'll get back to you soon. Now, three months later, we have people who are about to start buying perks, so this is imminently relevant.

2.) Teaching perks. When can you teach a perk you've researched it? The moment you finish the trials? Once it's unlocked on your sheet? Once you've purchased it?

3.) Learning perks. When you learn a perk from someone, do you have to do the trials? If so, do you do the trials the event you learn it from the teacher, or the event after, once you've spent the dev action to learn it?

Re: Perks And Learning
Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 12:13PM

4) Can you start completing perk trials before you meet the pre-reqs? If I meet the pre-reqs when I report the trials as complete, is that sufficient? Or can I not start working on trials until I meet all requirements?

5) Is it always OK to complete perk trials across multiple events? I know some *require* multiple events, but others are very much a list of boxes you need to check. Is it always OK to stretch that completion out across multiple events, unless explicitly stated?

Posted by: Sabrina H (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 12:19PM

Are we allowed to have an open perk trial and do procedure research in the next research cycle and not lose out on the perk we've been working on?

Will we be given a notification if we do not meet the prerequisites of a perk we research where in it will talke longer than the next research cycle (2 events) to meet the prerequisites? That way we don't waste a research cycle.

Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 01:03PM

Once you've unlocked a perk and completed trials, can you do PDAs and WDAs relevant to that perk, or do you have to wait until after your first event with it purchased?

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 03:09PM

There’s a lot to unpack here, let me try to answer each in turn.

Dave R:
1) Generally yes, this will need to be a case by case basis as some Perks this is easily appropriate to, and others it is more complicated.
2) Can teach: After you’ve purchased it and it is physically on your sheet.
3) Need to do the Trials after the Dev Action so they can be added to your Event Notes. Your teacher may not have them handy at Event, and they are supposed to represent a culmination of time and effort already invested.

Andrew B
4) In the past you had to meet the Pre-Reqs first, I am willing to bend this if you meet the requirements by the end of the event you do the Trial during (including points for new Cap Raise).
5) Yes, unless something specifically says it has to all be inside of one event, ok to treat each item as a separate step on a checklist until you’ve done them all.

Sabrina H
6) You may have one open Perk and one open Procedure as has been standard in the past. You may submit a Help Request to have your Research or Perk Details added if they have fallen off.

Rhiannon C
7) You may use the Perk after the same Event you unlock it and purchase it. Example: You just researched a Perk, you bought the last Pre-Reqs with your Cap Raise and sent a Misc Action to have it added to your sheet. You may use it to support your World Dev that Work Cycle, F1 into F2.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 03:12PM

If a perk has multiple theories as a prereq, do you just pick one for it to count as, does it count as all, or is that one of the more complex options? Also, can perks count towards engineering/technician theory?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 08/21/19 03:21PM

Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 03:45PM

Wait, we have to submit a misc form to unlock the Perk? It doesn't show up as a skill under the Perks heading?

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Date: August 21, 2019 04:08PM

Complex, but trying to keep it as simple as possible. I’m sorry to seem cagey on this, but we are deciding the best way to handle this on the back end without driving ourselves or players crazy.

No. Engineering, Genius, and Tech Theory Levels are based on the purchase of the 20 CP Skills.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: August 21, 2019 04:09PM

@Rhiannon
Yes.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 04:39PM

The Misc. Dev Form doesn't have a "unlocked a perk" option in particular so it should be added in the future.

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.