Welcome Colonist !   There are 64 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Efficient User + Numerical Effect Increase
Posted by: Alexander G (IP Logged)
Date: August 15, 2019 08:30PM

Do AMP modifiers which increase the Numerical Effect of an AMP increase the level of its "Effect" for the purpose of an Efficient User Procedures, or is the level of the Base Procedure the relevant number regardless?

For example, the call for Freshman Efficient User describes repeating a "Level 1 Effect"; the description mentions "Level 1 Procedure". If I observe someone using a Tend Minor Wounds (Biology Level 1) AMP with a Moderate Catalyst (+3 Numerical Effect), can I repeat that with Freshman Efficient User? If not, would I need an Efficient User Procedure capable of repeating a Level 4 Effect?

Re: Efficient User + Numerical Effect Increase
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: August 17, 2019 12:25PM

Ideally, the Autoforge should be printing with the Level of the Procedure for the Efficient User Procedure to look at. It should in fact be modified by Modifiers, but I am unsure whether that is currently working as intended.

Give me some time to dive into what the Autoforge is currently doing, and I will try to have an answer for you before the next game.

The big thing we are trying to avoid is Infinite Recursion of effects, so please remember the Spirit Of The Rules on Infinite matters: If you find an infinite loop, do it once to prove you can do it, a second time to prove you can do it repeatedly, then up to a third time as a finder’s fee... then please report it to Cast so we can fix that particular issue.

Thank you,

-Josh

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.