Welcome Colonist !   There are 60 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:20

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Universal Theory Cap And You
Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2019 10:56AM

The universal theory cap states that it goes up 50 cp a weekend event. The spirit of the rule with regards to the universal theory cap states:
SPIRIT OF THE RULE: If you go over because there’s a skill you really want or you want extra endurance in your specialty field, that’s totally fine. Just remember and understand that the next Theory Level does not become available for Core Procedures, Core Modifiers, or Procedure Learning until after the given Event.

Is the universal theory cap a limit just on our theory levels, or is it also a restriction on how many points we can spend in that theory? It's my understanding we can just keep buying genius, and just don't get access to new procedures or whatever? Is my interpretation correct?

Re: Universal Theory Cap And You
Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2019 11:28AM

Correct, I am over 350 psych but it just gives me more skills, my theory does not just until Fall 2.

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2019 10:03AM

I'm looking for specific word from staff, so that it's 100% certain, as I've heard people say they aren't clear.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/18/19 10:22AM

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2019 03:41PM

I would agree with Stu.

The next Theory Level does not become available for Core Procedures, Core Modifiers, or Procedure Learning until after the given Event.

It only prevents learning or access to Procedures or Modifiers above the current Theory Level Cap.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Date: July 18, 2019 03:57PM

And I did get that from Josh verbally but not in writing when I asked

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: July 23, 2019 03:22PM

Stu is correct.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: July 23, 2019 09:12PM

So if you are already over, when Fall 2 hits, remember to put in a HELP for your two core Proc, Eng Mods, Tech Mods... as the case may be for that event

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.