Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Analyzing Samples
Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: May 7, 2019 09:42PM

I'm getting conflicting info on how to analyze collected samples. I've heard that it's a World Dev Action for each sample, a World Dev Action to do as many as you have, a Personal Dev Action, "put it in your PEL," and a resounding shrug. I tried searching the rulebook but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Re: Analyzing Samples
Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: May 8, 2019 10:23AM

Seconded; extremely relevant question!

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: May 12, 2019 06:33PM

Third

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2019 12:47PM

Fourt
BRAINNNS!!!!

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2019 05:02PM

Without a relevant Perk on your Sheet, you are looking at a World Development Action supported by a cast member.

Or Hoping For The Best.

With a Perk you might become efficient enough to do a bunch at once as a World Dev, or fit in an analysis of a single sample with a Personal Dev Action.

Hope that helps.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: May 15, 2019 02:29PM

With cast support, can you do multiple? It seems odd that we can gather 50 samples in an event with a really basic skill, but can only do anything with one of them (forsaking a WDA) until we've researched how to do anything more.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/15/19 02:30PM

Date: May 15, 2019 03:58PM

More helpers means more samples can be analyzed. Involving a Cast Character would help compared to doing it all alone, as would involving other PCs who want to help.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: August 14, 2019 09:18PM

Bumping for relevance since multiple people can now analyze samples.

I have a collection of samples that need analyzing. Even with an applicable Perk, it still looks like I can only analyze 1 individual (I.e. 1 vial from a single person) per Dev Action. So, if I wanted to look at 8 samples of potential Ryerson’s cases, that would take me a year of Dev Actions. If that is the case, I currently have enough samples to fill most of my Dev Actions through the arc. I’m thinking that this cannot be the correct interpretation. Help?

Date: August 14, 2019 11:11PM

Ok, so after Fox and I, the surviving members of the Science Team, sat down and looked at things, we decided to let people analyze a number of Samples at once, with the available questions determined by your Perk (or that of the person/cast member supporting your action).

Example:
Epidemiologist: You can ask a number of questions from a list provided with purchase of the Perk about a Disease equal to either your Theory Level or the number of discrete samples you took from different sufferers of the Disease, whichever is lower. More samples leads to being able to ask more questions to arrive at how to Cure/Treat/Inflict the Disease being examined, but you need the Theory Level to support making such brilliant deductions quickly and efficiently.

Different Perks will have similar options.

I hope that clears things up somewhat, I apologize for the preceding confusion while we ironed out the details.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: August 15, 2019 08:29AM

So what, if any, is the limit o the diversity of the samples one can analyze at once. If we want to analyze 3 different samples of 3 different illnesses, can that be done all in one Dev Action, assuming one has Bachelors Bio? Or is it restricted to one affliction at a time?

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.