Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
On Quality
Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: December 26, 2018 04:34PM

So, in the current beta version, consumables, tech, and trinkets each have 8 levels of quality possible, so they can be used to reduce engineering and technician costs. Because there's basically no really good way to physrep the differences between specific levels, it's represented by stickering everything created in game and giving a number. This seems like a ton of overhead for the minor neat, but also very complex, ability to get a bit of extra cost reduction for engineering/technician.

I suggest removing quality levels from tech/trinket, and reducing consumables to maybe just poor/good, and then removing the ability to use them to discount amps/devices.

Re: On Quality
Posted by: Daniel E (IP Logged)
Date: January 28, 2019 10:30AM

I agree with David. Unless plots for this game are going to focus very heavily on trade in manufactured good, the value-added for eight levels of quality is not obvious to me.

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: February 6, 2019 12:40PM

Honestly 3 is more than enough... PCs will likely only use 1 and 2 due to costs. Level 3 can be sued by plot for reasons, or if a PC cares enough to get there.

FI2...80 -90% was Poor Quality

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: February 6, 2019 01:08PM

I also agree with all of the above. As Matt pointed out, the vast majority of things can easily fit into Low Quality and High Quality. The Luxury Quality existed for folks that really wanted to revel in the big spender trope.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: February 7, 2019 01:48PM

Being able to use a poor consumable to fuel a Level 6 with a drawback Procedure always seemed broken to me so I get the desire for balancing that out. But I think something approximating it could be made more simply; say, Poor consumables for Level 1 & 2, Good for 3 & 4, Lux for 5+. I believe this sort of change, and the originals that Dave mentioned are in the final version (which will be available at the One Day!).

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: February 7, 2019 10:46PM

What Erin said.

They did not make the cut for the Gamma version, running out of writing time before the one day, but will be there for the Delta (done) Version. Please stay tuned, your feedback has been heard and appreciated.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 02/07/19 10:48PM

Date: February 10, 2019 02:17PM

on a straight point spend if you got one serving of poor for 1 Genius, then that would be a sufficient drawback for any procedure. The total CP spent to make the level 6 effect happen would be Level 6 - 1(Must Drink a Beer) +1(Must make a Beer) total of 6.

It got wonky and broken with 1 Genius = 5 servings and serving sizes being small 1 serving = 3 pieces of candy.

The only reason it was used as a flaw was it was the best min/max (In my opinion). I would honestly lean towards not allowing consumables being a flaw and if they are it should be very specific not a general use.

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2019 09:35AM

Matt A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> on a straight point spend if you got one serving
> of poor for 1 Genius, then that would be a
> sufficient drawback for any procedure. The total
> CP spent to make the level 6 effect happen would
> be Level 6 - 1(Must Drink a Beer) +1(Must make a
> Beer) total of 6.
>
> It got wonky and broken with 1 Genius = 5 servings
> and serving sizes being small 1 serving = 3 pieces
> of candy.
>
> The only reason it was used as a flaw was it was
> the best min/max (In my opinion). I would
> honestly lean towards not allowing consumables
> being a flaw and if they are it should be very
> specific not a general use.
>
> Colony 505 "Touchtone" - More-Ale Officer
> Doctors Without Colonies - Operations Officer

I very much agree with your observations and conclusions.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2019 11:07AM

I'd also support not allowing through consumable to be a flaw for procedures.

Date: February 13, 2019 02:38PM

From an OOG stand point I would have liked Production Create Good Beer = One Serving.

One Serving Per casting makes it so that it is more scarce in game.

I was able to essentially corner the market at the bar by sheer volume I was able to produce with devices and math people. Little to no IG cost.

Less availability means that there is more of a market for people that may want to peddle wares.

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.