Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Status Of How Math Stuff Works In Vr?
Posted by: Lee P (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2022 09:05PM

What is says on the tin. There were discussions of how math sparks and theory level and such should interact while in VR as buffs, skills, whatnot. Is this formalized/is it live?
Asking for a shy friend, before you wonder.

Re: Status Of How Math Stuff Works In Vr?
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2022 11:01PM

So, I'd be up for sitting down with folks this weekend if we can schedule a time.

We had a talk previously, but unfortunately my notes have gone MIA and I want to have community input.

If anyone has notes from the last sit down, they are welcome to bring them.

Would Sunday Afternoon work for you and your shy friend?

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2022 11:45PM

From my vague memory VR has a lot of unwritten rules, including device terminals giving you extra skills if you have a high level one.

So its a little tricky how little of that is in the rules.

Posted by: Sky R (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2022 08:05PM

The one thing I remember is adding your math theory to your base vit when in VR, and everyone having the effects of personal armor?

Date: April 28, 2022 08:33PM

I'm not free Sunday afternoon, but also I have minimal personal stake in this - and maybe it can be figured here anyway. What I recall myself is what Sky said, that one's vitality in VR = one's normal vitality plus one's math theory level. I also recall that each type of spark would correspond to uses of a thematically relevant skill, but I don't recall any specific correlations. I think that was basically it.

Date: April 28, 2022 08:47PM

I am also not free on Sunday.

Date: April 29, 2022 09:47PM

Ok, I’m open most the weekend. Is there another time that works for people, maybe tomorrow evening or during the week?

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: May 1, 2022 09:55PM

I have no particular input myself, but maybe this can take place on the message boards to allow misc. viewing and participation from interested parties? Or Discord text chat of some kind if not?

Date: May 5, 2022 04:11PM

I have a different larp event this weekend, but next weekend I could do, or y’all can just have the call without me.

Date: May 16, 2022 10:41PM

Notes taken from a preliminary discussion are below. These need to be written up into more formal rules, but I just haven't had the time to do it myself.

Colony Net

How do we make Sparks useful in Virtual Mods? Sparks used are all “To Avatar”

Attack - Get you a NetGun of Guns Level X, 4 for Heavy Weapons, or Chuck Attack Sparks as Math Damage 1,3,5,7,9… to Avatar, to Automaton, to User=to Meat Body.

Force - Pry X. 1 = Knockdown, 2 = Bind, 3 = Snare, 4 = Immobilize. Burst = +1

Infiltrate - Can Infiltrate back in for each layer of “depth” of the mod. 1 = Spare Me, 2 = Attack Me, 3 = Charm, 4 = Enthrall, 5 = Betrayal

Move - 1 = Cure Bind, 2 = Cure Snare, 3 = Cure Immobilize. 4 = Dodge/Parry, 5 = Evade

Resilience - Sets Bleed Out Timer. Bestow Vitality X & Heal X Calls. Max Vitality = Your Vitality + Math Theory Level, Base Vitality = Your Base Vitality

Scan - Open files protected by Encryption X.. 1 = Cure Compel, 2 = Cure Charm, 3 = Cure Enthrall, 4 = Cure Betrayal

What happens at Zero? Damage to Avatar, will cause “Bleed Out” of Avatar, after Resilience X Minutes bleed out and forced log out.

What happens on forced log out? Sleep Meat Body if Bleed Out of Avatar, Bleeding Out Meat Body if Quickdeath/Death to Avatar. Activate Death Sequence to Avatar = Quickdeath to Meat Body.

Sparks are spent when used, unloaded if disconnected.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.