Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:20

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Recursion And Knacks
Posted by: Sky R (IP Logged)
Date: May 30, 2022 10:07AM

Hey all,
So I just came up with a weird situation with respect to recursion.

Say I am loading a level 2 spark, and I decide to use applied network programming, take the minute, and load it as a level 3 spark.

Now Siadona comes along, and goes “damn, I’d love to recur that” and uses recursion. Would that be done at a level 2 recursion (the level of the base procedure), or as a level 3 recursion (the effect level of the outcome).

Then, there’s a follow up. If Siadona does recur it, can she use her own applied networking to raise the level of her recurred spark? So, for example, if it gets recurred by the effect call as a level 3 procedure with level 3 recursion, can she spend a minute doing applied network coding and making it a level 4 spark?

Thanks,
Sky

Re: Recursion And Knacks
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: June 7, 2022 03:14PM

TLDR: Spirit of the Rule: No, don't be cheesy.

To be more technical, if she wants to recursion your Procedure, it needs to be demonstrated to her, meaning you need to explain to her the actual Procedure you are performing, the level of it, and she then Recursions the basic call unmodified by your Applied Network Programming. She could then apply her own Applied Network Programming to the Spark she's loading. Bottom line: you definitely don't get to use the Applied Network Programming to raise the level twice.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.