Welcome Colonist !   There are 97 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:25

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Healing And Base Vitality.
Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2022 02:56PM

If you have 3 base vit, and 6 total vit, are unconscious, and receive a heal 1, you are healed to 3 vit, not 4, right? I'm 99% sure that's how it works, but someone I was talking to wasn't sure, and wanted it publicly clarified.

Re: Healing And Base Vitality.
Posted by: Sabrina H (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2022 03:44PM

In addition to that and a follow-up question

If you have 3 base and 6 max and are healed 3 vit do you get up at (3 base +2max) 5 vit or 3base.

In that scenario 3 vitality healing would heal in such a way that the first point of heal 3 would bring you to base 3 and then the other 2 point of healing from heal 3 would heal the 2 max vitality.

Basically what is the point of having base vitality other that being able to be healed to it from first aid.

Date: April 4, 2022 03:48PM

Also from recovery, and other sources of small healing. And giving base strength.

Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2022 04:06PM

Base vitality is the only way to increase lifting power without a device/implant/perk. @#$%& I had to learn yesterday cuz of my damn rock of a baby.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2022 05:56PM

My understanding was

When Applying healing you restore Vit to The Heal X or Base X which ever X is higher

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Sabrina H (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2022 07:28PM

This is why we are asking. There isn't anything in the rulebook under Chapter 5 Combat where Base Vitality is explained.

Date: April 4, 2022 07:32PM

I mean, I pretty firmly believe that "All characters have at least 1 (one) Base Vitality. Base Vitality is the minimum amount of Health you will have after you receive a Heal or Repair Effect. The First Aid and Repair Device Skills will “Heal Base Vitality” or “Repair Base Vitality”, and cannot take you above your Base Vitality on their own." Means Madams interpretation.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2022 10:20PM

When applying Healing you restore Vitality to the “Heal X” or “Base Vitality X” which ever X is higher.

This is correct.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.