Welcome Colonist !   There are 35 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Rules Forum - FI 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Carrying Bodies
Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2020 05:29PM

If you are carrying a body and It gets hit does the body takes all the effects? Do you drop the body?

Can you pick up a person bleeding out and use them as a bullet sponge?

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Re: Carrying Bodies
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: January 19, 2020 07:38PM

If you are picking someone up who is down, you should be moving them away from the fight to being helped at a rally point or triage center, if they happen to soak uncalled bullets, that's a happy coincidence in your favor. If they suffer a called effect, you must drop them or suffer the called effect yourself. I don't believe that's codified in the Rulebook, but I think that was a field ruling made in FI 1 that seemed sensical that I'm gonna keep.

If you are picking someone up & using them as a bullet shield you are doing it wrong. Please don't do that.

SPIRIT OF THE RULE: Technically I guess you can... but technically makes you a chump, which violates Rule 1, don't be a chump, so... don't do it, but don't sweat the small stuff that happens accidentally.

Note to self: Add to rulebook.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: March 8, 2020 11:14AM

Josh M Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If they suffer a called
> effect, you must drop them or suffer the called
> effect yourself. I don't believe that's codified
> in the Rulebook, but I think that was a field
> ruling made in FI 1 that seemed sensical that I'm
> gonna keep.
>

Assuredly if they would take such an effect? Can I Psych Pain a dead body all day to keep someone from dragging it away?

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: March 9, 2020 10:54AM

I mean, it's your Genius/Applied Science/AMP/Device to burn. I'd look sideways at it and say it falls under the "technically" category, personally.

Posted by: Ethan G (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2020 12:02AM

It's also not like you can stop the body from walking away inevitably, so such a situation can only last around 5 minutes? A bit more with math but still.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.