Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:20

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Managing Drop And Bleed, Spring 2 2022
Posted by: Sky R (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2022 12:11PM

(X-Posted to Discord and Facebook)

Hey folks! I don’t know about you all, but I had an extremely intense event. This can lead to some really intense feelings of Bleed and Drop after the event, so I wanted to make a post about that in case it is helpful to folks.

Quick Definitions:
LARP bleed is two things. 1) Bleed In is when your feelings ooc about something or someone bleeds into your character. 2) Bleed Out is when your feelings IC bleed into you OOC. Neither forms of bleed are inherently bad, but it is important to be aware of.

LARP drop describes a state of altered emotion after the event. People can experience this differently, and some folks don’t experience drop, and that is all absolutely valid. However, if you are experiencing drop, there are some tools you can use to manage it.

I wanted to share this article especially:
nordiclarp.org

Another thing I wanted to do with this post is talk about being kind to each other. Folks probably have intense feelings popping up about actions that other characters took during game. However, it’s important to remember that the people playing these characters are our friends OOC. Playing a villain is really hard, because it can feel hard to feel like a part of the community afterwards. Let’s just all look out for each other, okay?

The final thing is processing buddies. Sometimes having a processing buddy is really helpful. If you find you need one, or even would like one or would like to volunteer to be a processing buddy, please head over to the forum version of this post.

Re: Managing Drop And Bleed, Spring 2 2022
Posted by: Lee P (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2022 12:18PM

Volunteer here to be a processing buddy for LARP emotions and talking over events. In real life I am not a "double-crossing snake" or a "cagey bastard" like Basil is.

Caveat that I am NOT a good buddy for anything rules/heavy e.g. discussing technician stuff. I AM good for theorizing fun and general decompression and processing.

I'm available on Discord (Danakanar#0197) or Facebook.

Thanks Sky.

Re: Managing Drop And Bleed, Spring 2 2022
Posted by: Sky R (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2022 03:37PM

I am also happy to be a decompression buddy for anyone on fb or discord

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.