Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Spring 1 Virtual Event Logistics
Posted by: Storey C (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2020 06:32PM

X-posted from Facebook.

TL;DR: Invites to the Discord server will be doled out in batches in the replies to this thread and on this post on the Facebook group. Five people will be able to join off any given invite. A new invite will be posted when we get those who joined off the last one situated. This will continue until we get everyone in. Watch the video below to learn about how to use Discord. Soft game-on at 9pm.

Alright all, here is a post on how we're going to be getting you all into the Discord server. I am going to be posting invites that allow five people to join in the comments of this post/replies to this thread starting at 7:30pm for a soft game-on at 9pm. I will post one more every few minutes until we have everyone in. This will give us time to get people in and situated, and hopefully avoid maxing out the bandwidth or the processing power of the monitoring bot that I am hosting in my closet. I will be present from now until the event begins to answer technical questions about Discord, and the way that this event will function on that technical level.

We have channels for:
-General discussion.
-Discussion of the various events and announcements made by NPCs.
-Discussion of your WDAs
-A few voice chat channels that may be used for plot here and there
-A system to label you (and your characters) with things like pronouns and WDAs
-A channel containing the rough schedule so you can know when to be on.

It is recommended that you are on a computer/laptop - the Discord interface is better then, and typing with a full keyboard is just easier in general. Also, there is at least one sound file that is most easily played from within the desktop app, and you'd need to download it in the mobile app. If you are unsure of how to use Discord, I recommend watching this comprehensive (if a bit long-winded) tutorial. If you're hurt for time, playing it at 1.5 speed gets the message across well enough.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/27/20 06:33PM

Re: Spring 1 Virtual Event Logistics
Date: March 27, 2020 07:30PM

FIRST INVITE: discord.gg

Date: March 27, 2020 07:38PM

SECOND LINK: discord.gg

Date: March 27, 2020 07:50PM

THIRD LINK: discord.gg I _think_ we've not yet filled the third one? So I'll give this a few minutes, make sure things are kosher with everyone who has joined, and then post an unlimited invite.

Posted by: Rhiannon C (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2020 07:55PM

Is this the same server that the players have been using over the winter? I'm already on that one and don't wanna steal the link needlessly.

Dr. Siadona Briggs, PhD
Chief of Psychology
Board President, Pioneer Medical Center
she/her/hers

Date: March 27, 2020 08:10PM

FINAL LINK: this time it's unlimited discord.gg

Date: March 27, 2020 08:11PM

Rhiannon C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this the same server that the players have been
> using over the winter? I'm already on that one and
> don't wanna steal the link needlessly.
>
> Dr. Siadona Briggs PhD, LICSW
> Chief of Psychology
> Pioneer Medical Center Research Hospital

no, this is different and set up specifically for this event and potential later virtual events

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.