Welcome Colonist !   There are 65 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Epilogue Oog Notes
Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: February 3, 2019 04:04PM

All, in addition to the in-game preview of the event, I wanted to give you a few general notes so that you have a sense of what to expect.

This is overall going to be a low-key, social-focused event (with a few exceptions, as hinted at in the trailer & timeline!). You'll all have a chance to catch up with each other and learn more about what your character's friends and family have been doing for the past decade.

There will be a number of plots we're calling "pomp and circumstance" - we'll post an in-game schedule of events sometime in the next few days. Mainly to give structure to the day, and look back on where we've been.

The primary combat will be opt-in and take the form of Team Battle - check it out in the timeline, and I encourage you, if you are a player who enjoys combat, to convince your character to hop in and enjoy yourself for Team Battle.

And the real heart of the event can be summed up in one word: LEGACY, or looking forward to the (imperfect) future.
* What legacy will your characters be leaving here, on this rock? What values will this society take forward into its future? What will the history books say about this time period?
* What legacy will they be scattering across the stars? What philosophies will continue to influence future colonies, and the future of humanity itself?

There's something for everyone, we hope, at this event - pick and choose, and just have FUN!

As a note, I was hoping to give you all boosts to your characters to denote the fact that ten years has passed, but unfortunately we just haven't had the staffpower to make that happen. For the most part, though, this is for the most part an event where stats don't matter all that much - it's more social-focused than resource-focused, etc. (That said, you can all assume that any of your outstanding research was finished and purchased, and if you want to bring any celebratory food/beverage you don't teeeeechnically have the skill for, you have my blessing to bend the rules to create fun and good will.)

We HAVE gone and written up short epilogues for everyone who regged on-time, based on your answers to the epilogue survey and your contributions to the timeline. We think we've done a good job of staying on-brand for you while giving you interesting little tidbits and ties to various world events, but if you find we've written anything for you that you just don't think you'd have done, that's okay! It's your character and you have the final say!

I also encourage you all to "play gently" - I'm SURE we left off various interesting connections or details, so feel free to ad-lib with a casual "Oh, I haven't seen you in a while so you might not remember X detail.." "Oh of course, how could I have forgotten? Yes, and then you remember I did Y!"

I'm really looking forward to seeing you all one last time - and of course having a celebratory drink with you at the afterparty! The final Napkin Awards! The best stories ever!! I'll answer ANY of your weird questions!

Love you all,
-Steph

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.