Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:18

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Rookie Incoming - Questions Too!
Posted by: Ryan B (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2018 12:46PM

Hey all,

Couple of questions that I could use a hand with. Looking to register for Spring 2, all being well.

1) I currently own a NERF Modulus ECS-10 which would likely fall under Guns 3 as it can fire on auto. It's not (as far as I could tell) on the GUGL. Would this be an acceptable NERF gun or would I need to look into purchasing another one that's on the list? I'd need to get a sidearm anyway...

2) When looking at the registration, there's an option saying "I'll message Logistics" - I'm assuming this is via help request? Am I permitted to ask for an assignment (such as bottom of the hill - hills and I agree to disagree...)?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Rookie Incoming - Questions Too!
Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2018 05:01PM

Hi and welcome!!!

I'll defer to others for the first question since I'm a player (and don't use heavy gunz) but for the second, a Help Request is always a solid way to get that to Logistics.

Also important for your preference re: cabin assignment, the site has the bulk of the cabin space along with the Commissary (our "home base" and main indoor space) at the top of a small hill that slopes down to the main field area. If you're looking to avoid trucking up and down the hill whenever you want to go to your cabin for something, definitely ask to be assigned up top if there is space available.

If you have any other questions, post away! I think I can speak for player and staff alike in saying that we want to make your FI experience awesome. If you find yourself in need of something to try out for your first event before you decide to buy, this community has a veritable arsenal of NERF so I'm positive you could get a loaner.

Erin aka Ali

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2018 08:36PM

I'm not sure the guns list has been updated lately, and any regular-dart NERF branded gun is almost certainly allowed.

In general, the big divide between 2 and 3 is whether you load your darts one at a time or use a magazine, so that would be a 3 (and there's another line between regular 3 and "heavy weapons" if you put more than 6 in the mag). But, also, everything jams all the time, so by all means get a non-magazine sidearm!

And welcome! If you use face-book, a lot of fun chit chat happens on our group at FI Evolutionary Initiative, but all important announcements happen both places.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/11/18 08:36PM

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2018 09:42AM

WELCOME!!!!

Backing what Erin and Thomas have said, especially the "we're super chatty on Facebook", so if you're on FB join our group smiling smiley

www.facebook.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.