Welcome Colonist !   There are 54 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:18

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Website Moving!
Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2015 10:35AM

Hey all, we're changing website servers tonight for reasons of both general satisfaction and the ability to support some upcoming ColonyNet features. Ben Long, our webslave I MEAN WEBMASTER, sez:

We will be moving the website to its new home Friday night at around 10pm. This will entail shutting off the old site, moving the database, and repointing DNS to the new server. I estimate this process could take up to 30 minutes (less if everything goes well) during which the website will be unavailable. It's possible you may cache the DNS record pointing to the old server, this should time out relatively quickly (it's configured for 5 minutes), but if it doesn't, you may need to clear your browser cache. I will be updating progress on Facebook as it proceed.

Re: Website Moving!
Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2015 10:48AM

FAQ
Q: Will old FI 1 archived stuff go away when the site moves?
A: Nope! It's just copying the database from one location to another and telling the URL to point to the new one. You won't notice anything except maybe you'll be logged out and need to log back in.

Posted by: Ben L (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2015 10:15PM

Server cutover complete. Please report any bugs you find to me, here in this thread, or on facebook. Thank you.

-Ben Long
Webslave

Posted by: Jeff H (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2015 10:18PM

Date stamp is off. Unless you are a Ben from the future?

Posted by: Ben L (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2015 10:30PM

As predicted, datestamp was being corrected 3hours for PST, now at +0 off server time (because it lives in Portsmouth).

-Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.