Welcome Colonist !   There are 62 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Babies
Posted by: Kep P (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2015 01:11PM

How/when do babies born in the colonies get their chips?

Re: Babies
Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2015 01:57PM

Unclear/foig.

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2015 02:23PM

What your saying is the average colonist does not know. It's not common knowledge. Feel free to make up whatever your previous tribe thought.

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2015 03:06PM

NANITES

NANOTECHNOLOGY IN THE WATER AND AIR

WHY DO YOU THINK THE ANIMALS DEADWALK, MAN?

/not Laurence

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/01/15 03:06PM

Date: November 1, 2015 03:50PM

<3

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2015 10:37PM

This one is weird to me, as Hannah was born in an extremist Luddite colony and later had a child on Korella, but she has no idea how she or Angie got their chips. I go by the assumption Hannah got hers when she went on Mother the first time and Angie was given hers in some sort of secret mendicant thing at the hospital. Maybe the futures version of a baptism.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2015 11:48PM

Something to consider: Just because it is called a "chip" does not mean that it is a microchip, silicone-based or otherwise.

Posted by: Kep P (IP Logged)
Date: November 2, 2015 01:21AM

Ok, I can roll with that. I wasn't sure whether it was part of established lore.

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: November 2, 2015 09:35AM

Genetic modifications to the human genome hard coded into Mother. that's why you can't board if you're less than mumble% 'human'. Hell, we have no way of knowing if humanity is supposed to look like us or not. Mothership could have been built by sentient dolphins who took over homeworld and programmed what a human is from memory. I bet most of her carrying capacity is given over to the establishment of dolphin colonies and that's why humans don't settle by the sea. Damn smile sharks probably felt guilty for wiping us and chimps out during the Uplift Wars.

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: November 2, 2015 10:02AM

I will say that most of the answers to this are FOIG.

I like Derek's answers for this. People call it a 'chip' but that's because they don't have any other word for it.

You would know that EVERYONE has one (See Wendy's comment). How? Who knows. Ask a True Aleph.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: November 2, 2015 10:59AM

An Aleph Humongo once told me that it was actually a really powerful electromagnet that turns on when your pulse falls too low. There's another one on the Rez bed, which is why you walk there, instead of anywhere else.

MAGNETS.

Posted by: Robert S (IP Logged)
Date: November 2, 2015 11:56AM

A wizard did it.

-Hawkins
Vanguard
Colonial Council, Retired
CDF, Retired

Date: November 2, 2015 01:38PM

A weeeeezard, maybe?

Date: November 2, 2015 01:42PM

Oh you guys.

Date: November 2, 2015 03:02PM

Seriously though, given that it's Sufficiently Advanced Technology that achieves not only its obvious purpose of keeping the colonists running a little longer than standard but also affects everything of sufficient size, my guess is nanomachines (or other jargon) that permeate the environment, only affect suitable hosts, but whose parameters for "suitable host" ended up being a little too wide (unless They intended us to have plenty of game meat, I guess? Or to run our cattle through a rez bed slaughterhouse, for many extra servings of beef?).

Various colonies may have opinions about when you "get" it, ceremonial or perfunctory, but it will happen without that. Maybe there's a visible process that kickstarts it, but there's there's an clearly an autostart after a little bit out of the womb or else too many people and fauna would be left out (and you wouldn't' want it activating before then, right? Jeepers).

Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: November 2, 2015 07:39PM

Thomas G Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NANITES
>
> NANOTECHNOLOGY IN THE WATER AND AIR
>
> WHY DO YOU THINK THE ANIMALS DEADWALK, MAN?
>
> /not Laurence
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/01/15 03:06PM

I have a sudden urge to watch "Battle Lines"

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: November 3, 2015 12:43AM

I think you're all overlooking the crucial importance of the Cetacean Wars. #truealephsaresmilesharks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.