Welcome Colonist !   There are 32 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:18

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Tech For Making A Poster
Posted by: Cassandra D (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2015 10:06AM

If I wanted to make a poster for In Game use what would I need? My guess is for the poster itself I would need to make it as a trinket. So I would probably need a procedure to make it as a trinket, but my question is would I also need to a procedure to make a camera if I wanted to include a photo of a character in the poster? The face I'd have to take the photo of the character makes me lean towards yes.

While this is about my poster ideas this kind of question has been bugging me with other things. I have a procedure to make Cajun and Creole flavored slop. But does that mean I need the tech to make it, e.g. crockpot or skillet?

So maybe the broader question really is, if someone has a procedure to make something and it is obvious other elements had to be used, do the other elements have to be accounted for?

Re: Tech For Making A Poster
Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2015 04:52PM

There is currently a procedure in game to produce printed materials. I would say you would need a camera to include pictures. I am fairly certain we have cameras in game already. There may be a post on the in game boards about a newspaper that would have this info in game winking smiley

As for cooking, personally, my george foreman grill is part of the phys rep for my sandwich making device, but we have no device attached to Cindy's teapot. Simply put, its needed to make tea. I personally feel like anything you need to make your food should be allowed, if you have the procedure. The goal is not to make to it cost hundreds of credits to sell some sort of food. Cindy has a cheese procedure, but I don't have to use that procedure to make sandwiches with cheese on them.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Cassandra D (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2015 07:58PM

Okay, I think I get the idea. Thank you. Its the GURPS player and OCD in my that has a hard time with these things.

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2015 10:47PM

We don't put a block on the tools you need to make your consumables. Unless you're trying to sell spatulas or something, then you need to pay for them.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: March 23, 2015 11:23AM

Dr Black needs to purchase a boffer frying pan please

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: March 23, 2015 12:19PM

I "may" be doing a line of Axtons Restaurant gimmicky kitchen crap in the future. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 23, 2015 01:36PM

Take My Money

Date: March 23, 2015 02:42PM

Although Throwing THE BOOK at someone would be more appropriate for Dr Black. Frying pan makes Stu giggle like a little girl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.