Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:24

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Frontier Meals: Pay And Preferences
Posted by: Erik "cw" Fogg (IP Logged)
Date: June 29, 2014 04:59PM

I'll keep this quick:

1) If you didn't get around to paying me but think you owe me money, email me: fogg.erik@gmail.com - I am still short enough that this could be a problem. Please don't try to be a hero and donate if you didn't eat--it's not sustainable.
2) If you really want in for next event, email me (I'm assuming currently that Victoria V, Jim, W, Hunter A, Yelena T will all be in) I'm not 100% sure I'll do it but I want to sort that out quickly. I also need to keep it pretty small so I don't burn out.
3) Post below which meals you'd really like--lunch was obviously a big hit--people might be less prone to doing dinner and breakfast, especially on Sunday. Maybe even a late snack. Whatever comes to mind--it'll help.

--Erik

Re: Frontier Meals: Pay And Preferences
Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: June 29, 2014 06:13PM

Simple beans with sausage in

Posted by: Cassandra D (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2014 12:51AM

I absolutely want back in. Saturday's breakfast and Saturday's dinner were amazing. I missed out on lunch and I had to leave before breakfast but I'm sure they were great. Its really a shame that people didn't pay when they said they absolutely wanted in.

Posted by: Jim W (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2014 11:37AM

I want in, I'll assist again and actually bring sauce this time.

If Erik wants to make rice/dumplings the primary lunch thing of the frontier meal plan, I can support that on the events where I'm there. My Asian food is typically an allergen and foodstuff minefield, so if you are vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, therapod-meat only, or otherwise restricted in your alimentary intake, you want to tell me this ahead of time and you may still end up screwed. So, let me know.

The critical thing for lunch prep is "can I cook all of this, safely, in a short period of time, without too much cleanup afterwards", so suggestions, while welcome, may be ignored - boiled dumplings work, fried dumplings may not be as efficient for lunch but may work better for snacks. To keep the thread clean, if you have legit suggestions, complaints, feedback, or personal requests about the rice and dumplings, send me a PM.

-- Jim (Timmy)

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2014 11:59AM

I will also continue to provide sandwiches at lunch time. I'm more open to suggestions, and if you bring your own sandwich supplies OOG, we'll be happy to make them and heat them up for you in game. If not, I'll have enough to sell 10 sandwiches.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Erik F (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2014 04:43PM

Good news: I managed to hunt everyone down and we're all accounted for--thanks everyone for being so proactive/honest, even if the logistics were a pain.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: July 1, 2014 01:44AM

Yay! I am so glad to hear that.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Sabrina H (IP Logged)
Date: July 1, 2014 01:50AM

Good to hear as well.
Btw, the ribs were amazing!!

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: July 1, 2014 11:49AM

I meant to sign up for this before last event, but didn't get my stuff together.

Hooray getting paid! I ate Jim's dumlpings -- should I/who should I give cash to? I wasn't sure if that was an IG resource thing only, but I'm fine either way.

In the future, I'm most interested in lunch, and will happily trade paper monies and/or plastic credits for dumplings. If you're worried about hitting your upper limit of sanity, I'll probably forbear from breakfast/dinner and just eat YoC food, since I like those fine and other people might want the CW experience more.

In terms of food preference, I'm omnivorous at LARPs, I like some carbs with my proteins, and the dumplings as I had them were delicious.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/01/14 11:50AM

Posted by: Jim W (IP Logged)
Date: July 1, 2014 01:01PM

If you ate dumplings and paid Credits, you are fine. If you were on Erik's mealplan and ate dumplings, you're fine but you might have overpaid a little bit (unless you're Drake and handled it before getting food). If you were on Erik's mealplan and got a bowl of rice, you're fine.

If you were on Erik's mealplan and went without lunch, we probably screwed up somehow.

If you overpaid (by 3 credits) for lunch and really care desperately about it, we'll give you a discount on future food or just give you some credits. Or I will, anyway. If you went without lunch, I guess tell Erik what the deal is and he should figure out how to compensate you.

Saucery.

For future meals when I'm there (so, fall 1, and I'm missing fall 2 unless someone else screws up horrifically), I should have some homemade barbecue sauce.

I'll keep having the current dumpling sauce.

I may make the sauce used for hong you chao shou. This is a very hot sauce. It will be good for hot events. It will also stain anything it touches, so if you ruin your costume with hot oil that may be very sad for you.

Things specific to Jim/Timmy cooking Asian food.

If you're going for dumplings I'll want to know if you hate anything I'm using. In particular, tell me your feelings on capsaicin, scallion, and sesame seeds. If you are allergic to anything that ever exists in any useful quantity, this is not for you; it's Chinese food, it has food in it, the dumplings are processed in a factory with other dumpling stuff, and that other dumpling stuff basically has every allergen on the planet in it at some point. So if it's risky, we'll just give you some rice or something. I'm sorry about that. Team Hasturi has some very nice pizza and sandwich stuff you can procure, it's made with much clearer allergy delineations than the dumplings are.

I am not planning to ever do dinners. Down the road, if I unlock a level 3 food procedure, and I do have one in mind, I may make something very special for people. That may be at various times, but it won't be in quantity.

timothy xavier

Date: July 1, 2014 03:48PM

Actually the good news is I hadn't originally intended to do lunch--that was just bonus. So everyone should be pretty clear on that.

I got the brilliant suggestion from Sabrina that I make sure I know who's on the meal plan by doing PayPal beforehand. Will post another thing to all the interested parties and the board once we figure out what we're doing.

But odds are good I'm going to cook less--maybe even only something like late-night dinner to complement food rather than compete with it... but not decided for sure yet.

Posted by: Michael L (IP Logged)
Date: July 1, 2014 03:52PM

Yeah, I'd be fine with paying with paypal up front.

Enough food to get me through the weekend while just supplementing it with a meal or two from YOC or just bringing some personal snacks would be ideal, in my opinion. Obviously don't want you to spend all your time during the game cooking though.

Basil Williams

Doctor
Hopeless Idealist
Marshal Service Forensics Expert/Senior Deputy Marshal
Exploracorps Field Member
Eternal Optimist

Posted by: Michael L (IP Logged)
Date: July 2, 2014 06:49PM

Also if you're looking to do a dinner type thing but don't want it to be too time consuming, you could do some tin-foil meals in the fire. Those are always delicious.

Basil Williams

Doctor
Hopeless Idealist
Marshal Service Forensics Expert/Senior Deputy Marshal
Exploracorps Field Member
Eternal Optimist

Date: July 10, 2014 12:49PM

I'mma do a better job o' preppin' ahead of time. Pre-chopped and whatnot.

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: July 11, 2014 11:18AM

I might not be able to do this for every event, but the next one is before school starts up, so if you need a sous...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/11/14 11:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.