Welcome Colonist !   There are 78 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:20

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
New Player
Posted by: Chad C (IP Logged)
Date: May 7, 2014 12:03PM

I'm a new player that just discovered your game and I'm interested in your game and would like to chat or meet up with someone to discus things NOT in the rule book. Such as costuming, terminology, approved Nerf guns and mods.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day

Re: New Player
Posted by: Amanda S (IP Logged)
Date: May 7, 2014 12:14PM

To start:

Hi there, and welcome! It's always exciting to see more new faces. :3

Please, feel free to ask any questions here! There is a lot of information, as well as an approved list of guns, here.

Mods, as far as I know, are on a case-by-case basis, and are normally checked by weapons comm at check-in for events. If you're bringing a modded gun, it's always a good idea to bring in a back-up one that's unmodded, just in case.

Evelyn "Evie" Bowery
Biochemist, amateur lounge performer
Suddenly Cane Free

Posted by: Ryan P (IP Logged)
Date: May 7, 2014 03:42PM

Hey same as Amanda said, Welcome welcome. I agree ask any questions here as for meeting up with people it hightly depends on where you live I'm sure some one would come discuss game with you.

In anycase welcome to future imperfect!

Doctor Christopher Marcetti Valentine - "Snowman/Seven"
Retired CDF Fostrum
Assistant Chief Surgeon - M.E.

"Nothing will drive a man harder then Revenge. And there is no force on this world or mother that will stop them" ~ Unknown

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I dont have it, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will find you and I will kill you." ~ Some famous actor some where.

Posted by: Michael L (IP Logged)
Date: May 7, 2014 03:47PM

Hello! This last event was my first event as a new player, so I'm roughly in the same boat as you (though I have heard a bunch of stories from friends who played before which was helpful).

In terms of terminology and the sort, I managed to get by if I didn't understand something with a lot of "Oh, it wasn't like that on the colony I came from" and "I seem to have forgotten due to the effects of being in cryo so long". Then people would simply explain it to me in a very IG fashion. Worked very well.

I found the community to be very welcoming and helpful and it was easy to just dive right into the game. Let me know if you have any questions.

Basil Williams

Doctor
Hopeless Idealist
Marshal Service Forensics Expert/Senior Deputy Marshal
Exploracorps Field Member
Eternal Optimist

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: May 7, 2014 04:21PM

Welcome indeed! Like others have said, we really love our newbies, so please dive right in.

-Steph
(I run this game or something)

Posted by: Chad C (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2014 11:50AM

Sorry for the delay in responding to all of the comments. Thank you all for responding. I live in Warwick, RI and would like to discus this game in some detail. I'm usually free on Sat or Sun. afternoons. If anyone that lives in the RI area would like to meet up and discuss this game further please feel free to contact me.

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2014 05:39PM

I poke Chelsea!

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2014 07:04PM

I have been poked! HI Chad! I'm Chelsea : D I live in Coventry / W. Warwick RI so I am aright around your neck of the woods : D Just happens this Sunday coming up I am free , and will have a fellow FI'er at my house! Sending you a private message for details but YAY.

Michelle *Mika* Slade >n.n<
Colony Touchstone 505 Morale Officer!
" Perks you up where you need it!"

Posted by: Ryan P (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2014 02:04PM

If anything changes Chelsea let me know, I live in pawtucket and wouldnt mind the drive, the weathers been beautiful!

Doctor Christopher Marcetti Valentine - "Snowman/Seven"
Retired CDF Fostrum
Assistant Chief Surgeon - M.E.

"Nothing will drive a man harder then Revenge. And there is no force on this world or mother that will stop them" ~ Unknown

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I dont have it, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will find you and I will kill you." ~ Some famous actor some where.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.