Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Frontier Chow "meal Plan"
Posted by: Erik "cw" Fogg (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 06:43PM

Howdy!

Despite the tough potatoes and over-salting, there seems to be a bit of demand for a frontier chow "meal plan," in which you pay me money (less than what you'd pay YOC because it's just not going to be nearly as good) to be able to eat more gritty, fire-cooked food. I think you're crazy, but whatever.

If you're interested, here's the idea:

2+ meals Saturday, cooked over a fire.
1 meal Sunday that I'm almost certainly too lazy to cook, so it'd be cold stuff like salami

Likely ingredients to include
-Beef/Pork
-Bacon
-Potato
-Onion
-Chives
-Herbs I can get in the general camp vicinity

I'm doing cooking production on "Hardcore Mode," only using ingredients I can justify getting in the colony. So you won't be seeing things like cheese, cocoa, chicken, etc, until a source of that comes into game.

CW is also only currently a Level 1 cook so don't expect the early stuff to be good (Erik is actually a pretty good cook that got paid to do it for a few years, so it'll get better), but it's a good way to be more gritty/frontier/immersive than taking a break from your lean, survivalist life to go have amazing/delicious YOC food.

If you're interested, let me know. I don't know pricing yet but it should be pretty cheap. Because I'll be using in-game resources/skills, I'll probably charge ~7-10 creds/rec cycle/person, too. Let me know if you have allergies or really hate certain foods. I won't do made-to-order (one menu) but it'll let me know to warn you to stick with an alternative.

Booze and bar snacks will continue to be supplied without need to give me $$ (but I'll want creds, of course).

Post a reply if interested.

--Erik/CW

Re: Frontier Chow "meal Plan"
Posted by: Sabrina W (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 06:49PM

Super interested! This was really awesome and immersive.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/27/14 07:06PM

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 06:56PM

Very interested. I had some on Saturday and it was -damn- good. Way impressive and awesome!

Michelle *Mika* Slade >n.n<
Colony Touchstone 505 Morale Officer!
" Perks you up where you need it!"

Posted by: David H (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 07:36PM

I reckon this'll be excellent. Put me on that list.

Posted by: Robert S (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 07:39PM

I love the idea and would definitely be interested if you ever plan on doing meals that don't include onion. If that happens, let me know.

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 07:59PM

Same. (just due to dislike, not allergy) if you're possibly amenable to replacing onions with maybe carrots or something I'm definitely down. It was an excellent experience that actually brought me a bit into the game in a great way.

Date: April 27, 2014 08:34PM

Alright, I shall officially make a non-onion alternative of everything, because you people have no taste at all.

Posted by: Michael L (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 08:46PM

I will take their onions.

If my character ever becomes not horribly broke forever.

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 08:52PM

(well in Rob S's case he is allergic... Like he can't even breath in a room with em if I'm not mistaken.)

Me.. I'm just damn picky. I admit to this. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Erik F (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 09:18PM

Stango is also anti-onion for reasons of poor taste.

If your character is broke you can probably open a tab. Also, 7 credits is like... a nice common resource. If you need some welfare you can just give me a common and owe me later.

Posted by: Erica G (IP Logged)
Date: April 27, 2014 09:55PM

I might be interested as well! Jez is oddly intriuged by this whole concept.

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 02:07PM

I adore this idea. Thank you, Erik, for making Saturday much less miserable with your fire-building and frontier cooking!

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 02:12PM

I am probably interested in this. If we can find a good way to work it into game, I would also be willing to help with the actual preparation of food, while you use the procedures to in game generate everything.

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 04:03PM

Dr. Black is in

Posted by: Cassandra D (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 04:18PM

I am absolutely all for this. I seem to spent all my time down by the autoforge and powerstation anyways.

Date: April 28, 2014 04:25PM

If Dr Black offered to assist in Boar milking expedition do you think we could have cheese?

Date: April 28, 2014 05:16PM

I mean... if he is able to produce beef, he should also be able to obtain milk to then convert into cheese.

Posted by: Amanda S (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 05:17PM

I'm sore tempted, and also more than willing to offer help with food prep. (Hillary and Rikki say I'm a good cook, at least. That's something, right?)

Date: April 28, 2014 05:38PM

Lets not think too much about what CW names "Beef"

Posted by: Ryan P (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 08:18PM

Hey I'm in for this, if you want to cook anything Friday night I may be able to pitch in beans if you think they are a readily availible resource

Doctor Christopher Marcetti Valentine - "Snowman/Seven"
Retired CDF Fostrum
Assistant Chief Surgeon - M.E.

"Nothing will drive a man harder then Revenge. And there is no force on this world or mother that will stop them" ~ Unknown

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I dont have it, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will find you and I will kill you." ~ Some famous actor some where.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 09:57PM

"Is that FRESH Rat?!?!?"

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Victoria V (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2014 09:01PM

Fire food was delicious--the "boar" especially so. I'm not much help on the cooking side of things, but Isa will help with ingredients.
And I definitely appreciated the fire. I am cold. >_>;

Posted by: Kristin S (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 01:47PM

I'd love a hot Saturday Frontier lunch!

Kristin aka Tammi-Lynn

Posted by: Nathan S (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 02:23PM

Saturday lunch stew was a godsend, I'd love to get more of that, and would be happy to chip in some real-world money.

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: May 1, 2014 06:33PM

Depending on my availability, and real world funding a the time, I would love to partake.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Date: May 3, 2014 12:34AM

Well, I had *cough* "boar," not beef, so no milk yet.

Dr. Black could charm a boar so we could domesticate it and milk it, though, yeah....

And CW will take all the cookin' help he can get. You guys can also learn some level 1 Production procedures! Bonus!

--Erik

Posted by: Dr Black (IP Logged)
Date: May 3, 2014 01:10AM

Make it fast you have 5 min before she is on to you....

-Dr. Black

Date: May 3, 2014 06:48AM

Speaking of boar, do you need boar? Its not the cheapest thing in the world but I could bring some.

Date: May 3, 2014 02:38PM

Dr. Black: I can milk your bucking, howling mother in less time, so 5 mins with a pacified boar is more than enough. Let's do it.

Cassandra: from the perspective of "real world money" I will cover the food as I'll be expecting people to pay me, rather than have a few heroes pitch in. Now, if you're able to hunt me some boar that I miss myself, I can pay in whiskey, jerky, or other fine accoutrements, boy howdy.

SO PEOPLE: I am thinking $15 for the weekend, which should be good. Give me a "BOY HOWDY!" if you're in for that $15 for next rec cycle, and I'll make it happen. It'll be a little experiment, do ya.

Date: May 3, 2014 03:15PM

I'll take my chances on your meal plan experiment here.

I'm not going to say BOY HOWDY! though (even though I just did).

Basil Williams

Doctor
Hopeless Idealist
Marshal Service Forensics Expert/Senior Deputy Marshal
Exploracorps Field Member
Eternal Optimist

Date: May 3, 2014 03:58PM

I'm in.

Posted by: Yelena T (IP Logged)
Date: May 3, 2014 07:34PM

I'll say it. BOY HOWDY!

Date: May 3, 2014 09:24PM

BOY HOWDY! I'd love to provide something other than money but I can't produce boar in game. I shot one square in the chest five times and it didn't drop.

Date: May 3, 2014 09:33PM

In terms of IG help I can assist with cooking and... run around flailing my arms and shouting about how we might be ruining the ecosystem during a boar hunt. Possibly patching you up if you get impaled. Possibly getting impaled myself.

Basil Williams

Doctor
Hopeless Idealist
Marshal Service Forensics Expert/Senior Deputy Marshal
Exploracorps Field Member
Eternal Optimist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.