Welcome Colonist !   There are 59 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:20

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Lunch
Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2014 02:18PM

How do you all deal with lunch at FI? I've sort of made do with snacks and maybe a sandwich, but my FI lunches really haven't been sufficient. What are your preferred ways to get plenty of calories and not waste too much time away from game?

--John

Re: Lunch
Posted by: Ryan P (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2014 03:32PM

I sorta go OOG for a bit and grab lunch/Bring lunch to site for game.

Doctor Christopher Marcetti Valentine - "Snowman/Seven"
Retired CDF Fostrum
Assistant Chief Surgeon - M.E.

"Nothing will drive a man harder then Revenge. And there is no force on this world or mother that will stop them" ~ Unknown

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I dont have it, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will find you and I will kill you." ~ Some famous actor some where.

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2014 03:34PM

Honestly (and I am sure I am atypical) I do really well eating a large breakfast and not eating till dinner

Posted by: Jeff H (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2014 06:52PM

Generally a small sandwich and some light snacks. I eat enough at breakfast, and have enough going on during the day, that just a small bite holds me over until dinner.

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2014 07:51PM

cCiff bars and trail mix are my non-refrigerated calorie concentrates of choice. I really do try to not skimp on (or skip eating) some kind of lunch: peanut butter sandwich, the other half of the the burrito I picked up at the rest stop, etc. Then I supplement with those snacks throughout the day.

I'm sort of a hummingbird metabolism-wise, so it's hard for me to load up at any one point, but the feast-or-famine of two meals with large portions means that I try anyway. I know plenty of food gets carted away from buffet-style dining -- would it be gauche to bring containers, on the theory that breakfast will keep in your cabin until lunch (and dinner until lunch tomorrow)? Assuming you wait until everyone eats their right-now food.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/23/14 07:52PM

Posted by: Daniel E (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2014 10:29PM

I like carrots and apples.

Posted by: Amanda S (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 07:31AM

I try to refrain from snacking as much as possible. (It's hard with a fast metabolism, trust me.)

Normally I just eat as much as I can during breakfast, kind of let myself sit for a bit, and then go out and do stuff. Only push myself into doing something that'll burn it off faster if I have to...drink water if I start to get kind of hungry. Hunger and thirst go hand and hand with me, so if I'm hungry, I'm likely thirsty too.

And then I stuff my gob at dinner. grinning smiley

Posted by: Whitney M (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 03:58PM

I've had a lot of luck with making sure I take small snacks at regular intervals-- every hour and a half or two hours or so. That way I never have to have a full meal, but never hit the point where I'm like, "OMG STARVING WHARRRRRGH." It only works if I make sure I keep track of time and do it, though.

Posted by: James R (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 04:58PM

I tend to run down the street to the mcdonalds for lunch. Its pretty close, all told.

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 05:16PM

If you bring some sandwich supplies, Hannah will be making sandwiches around lunch time. It a carb and a protein for 5 sandwiches, per the procedure.

If interest is high for in game lunch, I can make a device or an applied science skill to drop the cost down enough to charge people a credit or two a sandwich. Or, sell sandwich makers.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 06:29PM

There may be Consumables from other Colonists as well, if they want to post here and let people know what they should bring so it can be brought into game... Nudge, nudge. ;-)

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 06:30PM

Be a cast member, Kristin feeds us hot meals!

Posted by: Cassandra D (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 07:58PM

If food such as a sandwich is made by procedure does that make it an in game item? Does that mean it can be stolen? For that matter does that mean it can be reverse engineered?

Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 08:23PM

... if I eat the Cuban I can't make more, but it looks sooo good; argh! Great be the dilemmas of a modern sandwich thief...

Date: April 24, 2014 08:29PM

I can also make cookies smiling smiley

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 08:39PM

Serious Hat: As the rules stand, you can Reverse Engineer Devices and AMPs, not Consumables. Yes, by some measures sandwiches are more secure from corporate espionage than Death Rays. That said, you could spend a Research Cycle duplicating somebody's Level 1 Sandwich Procedure and the experimental costs would likely be very cheap, and nobody is anywhere near Level 5 Production Theory yet.

Silly Hat: Yes, it is an in-game item. I would like to see one Secured to a plate. Also, I look forward to the reinvention of Ingested Poison.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Date: April 24, 2014 10:11PM

It is technically stealable in-game item, but it is super lame to steal someone's lunch.

Posted by: Cassandra D (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2014 10:41PM

I wasn't so much thinking of stealing, even though it was my example, but like things of figuring out how to turn the sandwich into some sort of physics trap like high explosive boobytrap shrapnel sandwiches.

Date: April 24, 2014 10:50PM

shhhhhh! Don't give the husband ideas!

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Date: April 24, 2014 11:12PM

I love you guys.

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2014 07:25AM

I swear this is addressed in the rulebook, but I can't find it. Can you duplicate an existing Create <level 1-3> Consumable using a development action, since they're core procedures?

--John

Posted by: Jacob B (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2014 08:57AM

You used to not be able to, now you can, that was in a recent(ish) revision.

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: April 25, 2014 11:15AM

Paraphrasing steph... copyright protection is gone. (I'm sure she will give the original statement at some point)
This makes Ori's stomach rather happy

Date: April 28, 2014 12:55AM

Yup! Make things!

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2014 04:31PM

I can make really crappy candy and really crappy energy drinks in game. So if people need sugar, lemme know.

Michelle *Mika* Slade >n.n<
Colony Touchstone 505 Morale Officer!
" Perks you up where you need it!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.