Welcome Colonist !   There are 28 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Character Updates For Fi2
Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2014 12:48AM

I maayyyyy be blowing up the database this weekend. If you have a character history or something saved in there that doesn't exist anywhere else, save it elsewhere in case my meddling makes your character blow up.

Oh, and I will be posting Costume Day UP after said blowing-up, to make it easier. We have a count right now of everyone's UP and CP, and will do the whole cryoburn dance after we've wrestled the database into shape.

Save things! Don't explode!

Re: Character Updates For Fi2
Date: March 21, 2014 05:01AM

Update: I want every single one of you FI1 players getting ready for FI2 to put in a HELP request.

Here is what it should say (fill in the blanks appropriately):

---

Hello, I have reviewed the Cryoburn Guide. My CP total prior to boarding Mothership, including weird fragments that I couldn't quite spend, was <AMOUNT>. Reading the chart, that means my new CP total will be <NEW AMOUNT>.

I am going to <keep my FI1 legacy character/create a new character> with this CP cap and amount.

<PLATITUDE ABOUT HOW GREAT STEPH AND THE FI2 TEAM ARE>

---

We will be spot-checking these against the list of all CP that we have on hand, but it will save us a ton of time if you can do the math for us.

Reminder, the Cryoburn Guide is available at drive.google.com for your lookup.

If you were one of the dozen who died in the final event, and finalled your character in the system, it will be a little harder to find your total. However, if you go into your "CP spent" log, you can do a lot of math and guessing and try to figure it out. Give it a shot, I'll help you if you can't make heads or tails.

FINALLY, if you are playing a legacy character and would like to bring over some legacy science procedures, you should probably have talked to us in Office Hours by now. Whether you have or haven't, submit a SEPARATE HELP REQUEST with these requests. If you've emailed me your requests, please submit the HELP request anyways so I can track it.

Please get all these HELP requests in this weekend, I want to start finalling characters in the system on Monday. I know we are all busy humans, but I am sure you can make ten minutes in your day to save me hours. smiling smiley

-Steph

Posted by: William B (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2014 05:38AM

Note- I believe it was previously discussed that the cryoburn guide is 50 points off, is this accurate?

(The final tier is unattainable unless the CP threshold 1650+, rather than 1700+, because the last event's full cap (either playing from the first event or buying all the cap raises ever) was 1650.)

Should we just pretend every threshold is 50 points lower so you don't have to update the PDF? smiling smiley

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2014 08:20AM

The burn guide should be correct. Yes, the final tier may be unattainable. We set it that high just in case anyone was somehow even higher than our predictions had been.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Date: March 21, 2014 08:53AM

...So is the campaign maximum of FI 1 1650 or 1700? I'm not sure I understand. It appears that it should have been 1650, unless the table was made before the boarding event was planned.

Going into the last event, the max (campaign) cap was 1650 in the character updating system.

After the last event, the system bumped up to 1700 automatically, but there really is no point to buying any skills after boarding Mothership/the last event of FI1... unless you want us to count that cap (I will spend UP to max that out if this is the case. KNOCKDOWN PUNCHES ABOARD MOTHERSHIP WOO)

Date: March 21, 2014 09:20AM

The cryoburn chart was made with extra CP beyond the our calculated campaign maximum just in case our calculations were off.

You enter cryo with the CP you had at the event. Don't let the system's auto update of the cap confuse you.

Brian Paul!

Date: March 21, 2014 09:42AM

Okay, so for the kids in the cheap seats, anyone at FI1's campaign maximum (1650) has a 340 CP cap exiting cryo into FI2?

(Does this mean that their next cap increase goes to 390?)

Date: March 21, 2014 09:51AM

Your math appears to be correct!

Steph's note about 'Weird Fragments' of CP to spend is her very kind offer to let people who ended up with oddball amounts of unspent CP to count it as spent. (Like having 543CP spent and 7CP just taking up space and no 7CP skills to spend your points on.) She doesn't mean you can dump your UP to bump up your character while their in cryo. This is why we did a snapshot of everyone's CP and UP totals before we made this announcement. Sure, its a horrifyingly long data list, but for the couple of people carrying over their characters, we can double check CP values with a quick Control F to make sure no one is trying any funny business. Leave the funny business to us.

As far as getting a cap bump for attending the final One Day, I don't know that it counts, but you can always try asking Steph nicely, that would be her call.

Brian Paul!

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2014 10:02AM

I just counted the 20CP I had left in my CP bucket that I hadn't spent, a I thought the intent was to not wipe out the unspent CP we have laying around. It doesn't effect Hannah's new cap at all, but I figured I'd mention this in case anyone else got confused (as we do all have 20 CP from the one day)

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Date: March 21, 2014 11:06AM

The 20 CP from the one day is fine! Sorry, I just meant don't do any UP conversion.

Brian Paul!

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2014 11:09AM

I was under the impression that only UP were being preserved, and unspent CP (less than your character max) counted toward your cryoburn total.

--John

Date: March 21, 2014 12:06PM

Yes, I believe we are saying the same thing, but in different ways. I apologize for any confusion .

Brian Paul!

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2014 12:45PM

Will old PELs be wiped with the update?

Date: March 21, 2014 12:47PM

I am unsure if Final Deathing a character in the database impacts PELs. I don't think so, but if you really want to keep them, definitely make copies.

Brian Paul!

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2014 01:15PM

Sophia and Jane's PELs are still available on my PEL list.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Date: March 24, 2014 04:01PM

John, you are correct. It does sound like you and BP are trying to say the same thing, also. smiling smiley

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: March 24, 2014 05:42PM

Ack. I didn't mean to disagree with BP. I was responding to Wendy and he posted before me. We agree; we agree. smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2014 05:46PM

So much agreeing!

Brian Paul!

Date: March 24, 2014 06:06PM

Agreement battle!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.