Welcome Colonist !   There are 46 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
My Character Did What?
Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2014 11:54PM

Anybody else have their character do something they were dead set against doing?

I decided before starting that Ori wasn't going to get into a coalition... that getting onvolved in a faction would make it harder for him to get along with everyone,the hallmark of a good gambler. I went so far as to send plot a note, so that Hatsuki would know Ori would say no if asked, based on something Derek said at the bar at the afterparty for the relaunch prelaunch

And the bastard agreed to join anyway.

Re: My Character Did What?
Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2014 09:47AM

Hannah killed someone. Multiple someone's. I always meant for her to see guns as a way to test armor designs, and her first three events she never shot anyone. Everytime she tried she'd miss or the gun would jam. She'd panick and worry what would happen to those she shot. But her fourth event, the commissary was raided, and Stark had a grinnanetus episode and wasn't getting up to fight. She killed two people in that fight to protect him, and every shot she fired was a direct hit.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2014 01:20PM

Lola did something unselfish. That was never supposed to happen. She was only ever able to care about one person at a time. For the most of her life, that was herself. At the end, she no longer cared about herself and was a sad, sad lady. But she did care about one other person.

Zarra was supposed to be more evil than she ended up being. Circumstances just molded her differently than I expected.

Krystal went completely according to plan.

Posted by: Hunter A (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2014 01:25PM

Lifeblind was never supposed to fall in love. Emotions cloud the mind and prevent you from doing what's necessary because it will hurt those you care about. He was also supposed to be way more of a zealot and I never expected him to last more than 2 years. I expected him to be put down like a rabid dog.

Posted by: Amanda S (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2014 02:06PM

Mic was...strange and interesting, in terms of how my characters go.

She was supposed to be "I use others for my own interest, everyone's just a way for me to be protected and make money." Never supposed to get close to anyone, completely deadset on being serious and paranoid.

Somewhere along the way, she lightened up. Made friends. Somehow, she went from scared and trying to toughen herself up, to realizing she needed the support of her ridiculous family/company. (Though the look on people's faces when I handed over my stashed resources to help out made it clear that she definitely achieved the money part she wanted!)

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2014 08:41PM

Gera was never suppose to drink, but the colony saw fit to change that.

She also was never suppose to shoot a gun (THANKS ELIZA!)

She was never really suppose to get attached to anyone. Damn you all for that.

Michelle *Mika* Slade >n.n<
Colony Touchstone 505 Morale Officer!
" Perks you up where you need it!"

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2014 11:06PM

Doc S was supposed to be an antisocial unredeemable monster... only then she found someone to love her and a family to fight for when her past caught up to her.

The "slam doors in peoples faces and sit in stony awkward silence" routine worked like a charm, til Grinner proved up to the hours of silent treatment. And when he mentioned his arms, and the medical mystery... Doc S was hooked.

Neely was supposed to drop her facade and let people in, but her fear was too great, and no one person got in past the giant happy act she puton. A few folks got bits of her story, but never the whole thing.

Molly X was scripted to lose her first encounter and be liquified for the failure, but that woman had a will to live and succeed that pushed a tie in the trial and changed the plot arc. (And Amber had a hatred of plots with scripted endings... that may have influenced my drive to win.)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/14/14 11:09PM

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2014 11:11PM

Ali was never supposed to be a fan of guns or trust the Marshals. Yea, seriously.

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2014 01:09AM

Grinner was never meant to be a leader. He was supposed to just follow someone else like a puppydog being a pet healer.

Then his leader died and he was put in a spot.

He was never meant to be at ALL heroic... He was meant to be completely selfish and only ever self serving. He was supposed to vehemently hate anyone who did not meet his strict definition of human.

Grinner was never meant to last. He was meant to manifest one of 2 other "colors" that would've ended him being resbed cycled.

Then the game just sorta... changed everything.

Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2014 09:50AM

Glitch was meant to be every bit the self righteous paladin from Prosperity, but this colony...

I always thought of Prosperity as the equivalent of Star Trek's Earth, and that quote “It's easy to be a saint in Paradise”. Clearly the reverse is true as well.

Also there's that thing about following orders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.