Date: April 29, 2013 04:58PM

Greetings,

Future Imperfect LARP is proud to present:

Future Imperfect LARP
"Bar Crawl"
Saturday, June 29th, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Sturbridge Host Hotel
www.sturbridgehosthotel.com

It's been one heck of a year thus far. You've faced down your most terrible foe and killed him once and for all. Eight of your best and brightest up and disappeared without a trace, only to suddenly reappear after being presumed dead. It's time to kick your feet up and take a load off, I'd say. Come and join us for some cocktails, a hand or two of poker and all the gossip, drama and class you can stomach!

Thank you for joining us for our Summer One-Day Event! Unlike our previous off-season events, this one will have a much different set-up. We will not be using the Hawthorne Hall as we've done so in the past. Instead, we will be using the Southbridge Room, which is much smaller. This room should accommodate most of us comfortably. To ensure a more comfortable time, we will be repurposing two nearby hotel rooms to use as private spaces for our second and third bars. Together, these three rooms will represent the available game space for your use. As a thanks for your patience and understanding, we've reduced the admission cost for the event down to 25.00! We hope you will join us for what we hope will be a grand time of carousing and entertainment!

This is as much a chance for cast to unwind and have fun as it is for players. Therefore, do not expect this to be an incident-heavy event outside of what we as individuals bring to it. That is to say, lots of stuff will happen, but don't expect any visits from the Vore, the Bugs, B3LL or anything that covers major plotlines. Instead, expect to see many of your favorite characters, all of whom will be available to celebrate with the lot of you.

As we are deviating from our normal one-day set-up, I would like to clarify what will and will not be available during this event:

AVAILABLE
- Characters, Characters, Characters! This is going to be mainly a roleplaying event to allow you all to unwind, have fun and have some time to chat with everyone. There's a lot going on, so an afternoon to sort out information, make public declarations and drink from the Drama-Ade(tm) would be most welcome, I imagine.

- Autoforge. Thanks to our Tech Staff, the Autoforge will be made available for personal use. Go Science!

- Ressurection Bed. Although we are going to limit all-out combat, this does not mean that you are perfectly safe. You can still die... and final... at this event.

- Personal Experiments/Trials/Teaching. You may complete Trials or perform Experiments if the means are available. You can also study Procedures and Perks from your friends!

- Cap! Anyone who comes will be receiving a cap increase, courtesy of your friendly bartenders of Catalyst!

NOT AVAILABLE
- All-Out Combat. Since we require players to use public corridors to move from one room to the other, we will not allow combat outside of the three rooms. Also, we will not be running any mass combats, as the space doesn't lend to it. More clarifications about combat and this event will be coming shortly.

- Research Results, Research Submissions. You do not get to submit new Blueprints or changes to your Research Proposal. We will process whatever was submitted after the Spring in time for the Fall season. No Procedures or Blueprints submitted in the Spring will be processed for this event.

- Long-Term Progression. If you are under any effects that have a event-to-event effect, such as major diseases, this event will not count for triggering that progression.

- Logistics-Necessary Skills: Any logistics heavy skills, such as Gather skills, will not be processed for this event. This is supposed to be a logistics-light event, so let's not burden our Logistics Lady!

ABOUT THE EVENT

We will ask our players to arrive at the Southbridge Room no earlier than 12:00 PM. We will do a quick check-in, then allow people into the game areas as soon as we are ready. From that point forward, we'll run the bars and have a good time until around 6:00 PM.

IMPORTANT: We will have no space to store your personal belongings, so please make arrangements with your friends to place your stuff in their room.

After the event, feel free to enjoy the pool, jacuzzi and bar, courtesy of us! We will likely reconvene at the hotel bar at around 10:00 PM for after-hours party, so feel free to hang out with friends in the meantime.

ABOUT THE HOTEL

We have a long-standing relationship with the Sturbridge Host Hotel. As such, they've reserved for us a block of rooms at 129.00/149.00 a night. I've been assured that we would not find better deals online, so feel free to book with them. Feel free to ask for "Future Imperfect" when booking your room. If you do find a better deal, please let the rest of us know!! Many of us will be arriving on Thursday and Friday to enjoy the hotel's hospitality, so feel free to book for the entire weekend and come hang out with us!

We hope you join us!
Future Imperfect LARP

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/29/13 04:58PM

Invitations On In-game Thread!
Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:08PM

Greetings,

As with previous one-day events, we do not ask our cast members to attend. Their attendance is entirely voluntary. If there are any characters that you want to see at this event, please feel free to let us know on the available in-game thread. This will help us with scheduling and logistics, plus our cast loves to feel loved!

Thanks!
Derek

Re: Summer One-day Event: "bar Crawl"
Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:09PM

Quote:
Long-Term Progression. If you are under any effects that have a event-to-event effect, such as major diseases, this event will not count for triggering that progression.

Todd escapes The Red Death for another event!

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:16PM

Hurray summer social!!!

I am somewhat skeptical that these will be the best rates though. Just checking through basic booking there are double rooms for $125. And the last several events we've been able to secure "Winter Warmer" or "Summer Sizzler" rates at $89 (which has led to the hotel being confused at our block not being filled... because we were all on the cheaper rate!).

Anyways I'm still pumped for the social hour!

Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:19PM

They claim that this is the best deal there will be out there. If you find better, book it! When I told them about the "Winter Warmer" last time, they ate a lot of crow and were cool about it.

Posted by: Jim W (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:24PM

I just tried to book rooms for the hotel online and couldn't reserve a room for Friday, so maybe they *are* sufficiently full that we get to pay the higher rate. Not really sure.

timothy xavier

Posted by: Mike I (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:27PM

Will you be in need of my services?

Date: April 29, 2013 05:32PM

STEPHASAURUS DEMANDS KARAOKE!!!!

...if the Host is okay with it...

STEPH SMASH SINGING!!!

Date: April 29, 2013 05:36PM

If all is good on your end I will ask the boss of the equipment is available

Posted by: Jim W (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:47PM

In the AVAILABLE and NOT AVAILABLE vein:

TechComm will attempt to be there early in order to help fix the blueprint breakages from last event. I'm not sure exactly how we'll deal with it, but we will see what we can do.

I'm also planning to port the Autoforge over to a few Raspberry Pi platforms; this may make the system even easier to deploy and run in multiple locations. Tech and Plot will work out where things are and I doubt it will be announced pre-game; this is mostly just to tease you. tongue sticking out smiley

-- Jim

timothy xavier

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:48PM

If you have AAA, you can get a slightly better deal than the block rate.

--John

Posted by: Matthew D (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 05:49PM

I just called and reserved our room. The guy had no clue about the reserved rooms. What is the blook of rooms reserved under?

William Slade

Vanguard
CDF Sulara Retired

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2013 07:56PM

I just called the hotel and they said the current Spring Fling rate ($94/room) will not apply for that weekend. However, the guy I spoke to was "almost certain" that the summer rate would be on by then.

Date: April 29, 2013 10:49PM

125 on travelocity

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 12:29AM

I am so happy words do not exspress. Only delightful squeeing much to the horror and pain of the local marine mammal life. SQUUUEeeeEEeeeeEEeeeeEEEeeee

Michelle *Mika* Slade >n.n<
Colony Touchstone 505 Morale Officer!
" Perks you up where you need it!"

Posted by: Alex S (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 12:56AM

WHEEEW!!

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 09:30AM

Is it safe to assume there will be many chairs available? I'm planning on bringing both tables, but don't want to snag most of the chairs for them and leave the responsible drinkers no place to sit.

Date: April 30, 2013 09:56AM

Don't worry, there are no responsible drinkers to take chairs from. tongue sticking out smiley

In all seriousness, there are TONS of chairs.

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 10:00AM

Listen to the Math People.

2 + 2 = Chair!

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 10:17AM

I think cards against humanity should be Catalyst's newest game! That was awesome last time.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Robert S (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 10:53AM

I have a set that I can bring.

Date: April 30, 2013 10:59AM

We should comb the deck for OOG references and add our own!

> Alianis "Ali" Aliatria <
Colonial Governor: CT-3-999 Reunion
She/her/hers

"Failure is not an option. It is a certainty in all things great and small. In the end, everything fails somehow. Stemming the tide of failure, decay, and degradation in all of its forms is all that we can do, and everything that we must do."
"There is no 'last' anything. The possibilities are endless, given enough time. In some cases though, it's easier to prevent what could be mistaken for a 'first.'"

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 11:05AM

Adding our own would be awesome! Make our own version. don't they have templates and such for your own deck online?

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Date: April 30, 2013 11:13AM

Replace all Glenn Beck with Alfred Stauer?

Posted by: Chelsea S (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 11:27AM

They do. You can just go to the website, print them out, and make your own cards. I like this idea.

Michelle *Mika* Slade >n.n<
Colony Touchstone 505 Morale Officer!
" Perks you up where you need it!"

Posted by: Robert S (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 11:28AM

I very much want to do this now. I'm going to start a new thread for people to post suggestions for cards.

Posted by: Jeremy S (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2013 07:56PM

In the interest of not being a teetotaling, unfun at parties, military brat for the whole bar crawl. Is it possible to cast for part of the event? I help run bar at 2 large events each year, Barfleet at Arisia and our anual Yule gathering for Realms, and would be interested in helping run one of the bars but my character would never promote drinking alcohol.

My bartending kit includes around 500 or so bullet shotz and I can easily stock a full shot bar for the event either way.

Posted by: David K (IP Logged)
Date: May 3, 2013 03:25PM

do we pay at the door or online?

Either way consider Newbreed as "Going".

smiling smiley

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: May 3, 2013 03:35PM

Either my dear. If you want to pay via the website, feel free to. Otherwise, feel free to register as Reserving your spot.

We'll see you there!

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.