Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
One Fund Boston Donations Posted
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2013 10:30AM

Hello there, colonists!

As announced at the closing meeting of this weekend's event, Future Imperfect has decided to rally its members in order to fund a donation to One Fund Boston, a charity created by Mayor Menino and Governor Patrick for the sole purpose of providing aid to those affected by the Boston Marathon Bombings.

So, we're offering 10 UP for each $10 donation that gets taken off of the list. We'll keep taking donations until mid-May, and then the donations will be pooled together and submitted to One Fund Boston as a single donation from the Future Imperfect community.

Donations can be sent to us via paypal to donation(at)future-imperfect.com

For ease of tracking, please put One Fund in the memo line of your donation.

For more information, or to donate privately if you prefer to do so, please visit onefundboston.org

Thank you!

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 04/24/13 10:52AM

Re: One Fund Boston Donations Posted
Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2013 10:46AM

Where should we send the donations to?

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Date: April 24, 2013 10:50AM

DOH, my apologies.

Please send them via paypal to the usual donations fund, where we will pool and send them out from:

donation(at)future-imperfect.com

Please put One Fund in the memo line of your donation.

Thank you for catching that, Wendy!

Cordially,

-Amber

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2013 12:15PM

Er, pardon me if this is a stupid question, but where is the "usual donations" fund?

EDIT: Yup, stupid question, it's there in the first post.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/24/13 12:19PM

Date: April 24, 2013 12:18PM

Paypal to : donation(at)future-imperfect.com

Apologies if that wasn't clear. Subsequent listings have included this information!

Cordially,

-Amber

Posted by: James P (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2013 03:21PM

Not that it's my first priority here, but could you clarify how the UPs will work?

Are you going to continually post $10 donation requests and take them down as they're filled? Will you stop offering UPs at some point?

Date: April 24, 2013 03:54PM

Happy to!

How the UPs will work:

We'll probably keep putting up donations until either the week is done, or folks stop picking them up.

Donation points will be awarded once I get confirmation from Anthony that your particular donation(s) have been recieved into the paypal account.

Then, at the end of everything, we will announce how much was raised by the FI community, and forward the money on to One Fund Boston.

Hope that is helpful!
Cordially,

-Amber

Posted by: James P (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2013 05:39PM

Thank you!

Date: April 30, 2013 01:43PM

To my amazing colonists, both cast and player alike:

I am putting up five last donations. When these ones disappear, we will officially be at just over $1,000 (after paypal fees) pledged to the One Fund donation from the Future Imperfect community.

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed. We have far surpassed my hopes for this fundraiser, and in such a short time.

Cordially,

-Amber

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/30/13 01:47PM

Date: May 1, 2013 09:44AM

The last donations were picked up! I am tabulating the final results, and would dearly appreciate it if the last few folks who pledged but have not yet completed their donation could try to get to that this week?

Once all donations are in, the total will be announced and we will get this money to One Fund Boston where it is dearly needed.

Thank you so much. This is yet another example of the power of a great community, and yet another example of why I so genuinely love my larp family.

Very sincerely, because that is really the only way I operate-

-Amber

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.