Welcome Colonist !   There are 33 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Site Conditions?
Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: March 25, 2013 12:26PM

Does anyone know what conditions are like at the site? I'm hoping for a muddy event rather than a slushy one but dry would be much better than either of those!

Re: Site Conditions?
Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: March 25, 2013 10:31PM

Commesary floor looks dry most of the time, and really, does anything else matter?
(Ducks punch)

Posted by: Morgan C (IP Logged)
Date: March 25, 2013 10:45PM

I'll be happy if it isn't icy and snowy!

Posted by: Jeremy S (IP Logged)
Date: March 26, 2013 12:27AM

Having been at this site after a thaw many times, I can say for certain that the main field is going to be a wet mess, and the trails are going to be super muddy. If you're not wearing water-proof boots, you'll really want to bring extra shoes and socks.

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: March 26, 2013 10:35AM

Take some time this week to re-waterproof your boots, kids. (And your high heel collection, if you're Steph and make poor footwear decisions.)

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: March 26, 2013 11:24AM

I'm thinking Hannah is going to share my boot problem. I've been debating between Sophia's Timberline's, my rain boots and my Merrell leather boots that are too beat up to wear to work anymore for Hannah, but the result might be all three.

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Date: March 26, 2013 11:53AM

Then there is the old trick of putting your be-socked foot in a plastic bag, and then putting your boots on.

Posted by: Sabrina W (IP Logged)
Date: March 26, 2013 12:58PM

Looks like I'll be putting extra super glue on my boots the next couple of days. Oh bother.

Date: March 26, 2013 11:55PM

There's also the old "Don't go outside" trick. Works REALLY well.
(Raspberries? Where's the ice cream)

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2013 10:35AM

Hello there colonists!

While my common sense could have told me most of this, I did actually take the extra step of asking someone who lives (nearing literally) across the street from YOC. Conditions on the ground in that area are as follows:

Light snow cover still on the ground in largely shaded areas.

Wet boggy ground most other places.

Please bear in mind that the forecast for Charlton has light (mostly non-accumulating) snow showers tonight and Thursday night.

The NOAA forecast for this weekend looks mahvelous- Upper 40's and lower 50's Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the day, with no precip expected*. Night temps obviously colder, but not expected to dip below freezing.

*This is New England. The weather will do what it wants, when it wants, for how long it wants. If you aren't used to that by now, you only have yourself to blame.

Cordially,

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/27/13 10:35AM

Date: March 27, 2013 12:10PM

Breakdown of said NOAA forecast:

Friday: A slight chance of snow showers before 9am, then a slight chance of rain showers between 9am and 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday: Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Saturday: Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

So it's gonna be mucky and muddy, but not holyshitballsmyfacefrozeoff cold. Some snow on the ground in places. A messy event, but probably not going to actively rain or snow. There's my silver lining.

Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2013 01:46PM

Thick armor, thermal underwear and more socks then you think you’ll need, i.e. normal March event.

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2013 02:21PM

Who has the Boot dryer procedure?

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2013 12:23AM

Cast. They love it when you bring all of your stuff up to dry at OPS. Make sure you bring all of it though, because if you don't bring enough they'll send you away.

Date: March 28, 2013 08:30AM

While we do have a dryer in OPS- and are happy to help- please only come up and ask us to run something for you in the event of a costuming emergency. Failing to bring more than one pair of socks for the event is something that none of us should be doing.

Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2013 10:09AM

For those that missed it, I was being hugely sarcastic in my previous post.

Date: March 28, 2013 10:20AM

Oh, I got the sarcasm.

I just wanted to clarify for folks that might not know that we do actually have a dryer up there, and in cases of severe need are actually willing to run things through for folks.

We're not heartless. We'd hate to kill you while your feet are wet.

We want happy corpses.

Date: March 29, 2013 09:06AM

If I'm crying, does that mean you shoot to miss?

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: March 29, 2013 01:25PM

Nope, it just means they feel good about a mercy kill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.