Welcome Colonist !   There are 34 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:18

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Winter 2013 One Day
Posted by: Anthony L (IP Logged)
Date: November 22, 2012 11:37AM

The Winter One Day has been posted to the events page, AND pre-reg opens tonight!

Anthony Linkens
-Executive Director

Character:
Deputy Laal Umani

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 02/26/14 03:28PM

Re: Winter 2013 One Day
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: November 22, 2012 12:00PM

HOORAH!

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: November 29, 2012 11:10AM

Looking for a hot deal on a hotel room for the one day? Book online using the Winter Warmer rate (I've convinced them to let me do it over the phone in the past) and you'll get virtually any size room for $84 plus tax. The total for my king suite came to $94.

It's not the 50% off that some of us got once upon a time but it's better than the $100+ you'll pay for a standard double, much less something bigger.

Sturbridge Host Hotel Seasonal Discount!

*Note that on the booking page you will have to manually select Winter Warmer in the "Select Rate" drop down list. "Best Available Rate" doesn't include special discounts.

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: December 3, 2012 07:36PM

What are the logistics for the winter one day? Specifically, when do things start, when do things end, and do I need to have a hotel room?

Thanks,

John

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: December 3, 2012 07:58PM

In the past, the events have been 1pm to 6pm. Check in begins at 11:30 and you should be ready to play by then or very soon thereafter. We congregate outside the game space until game on. Cleanup takes about an hour with the number of hands that are usually involved. Don't take this as gospel though.

You don't need to get a hotel room but it is an absolute BLAST if you spring for it. The pool, hot tub, after-game awards dinner, bar (and karaoke I hope!), late night shenanigans, and breakfast in the morning with great company all make for a stellar weekend retreat. There's almost always someone looking to split a double room and if you're willing to triple/quad for the night, it's very reasonable.

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: December 3, 2012 10:15PM

Everything Erin said!!!

Posted by: Justin H (IP Logged)
Date: January 1, 2013 08:08PM

Hi! Some of you may know me as KA1ULT from Prophecy 3. I've been wanting to check out FI for a while, and I've signed up to cast this event to test the waters. I'm looking forward to the shenanigans.

On Erin's point, would anyone with a room be willing to let me pull up a piece of crash space for the night? I live close enough that staying the night isn't necessary, but since doing so comes highly recommended for the maximum fun factor, I thought I'd ask.

Posted by: Justin H (IP Logged)
Date: January 2, 2013 08:00PM

All set - thanks, Derek!

Posted by: Molly S (IP Logged)
Date: December 27, 2013 02:34PM

Edited: I thought this was for this year's one-day. Ooops!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12/27/13 02:36PM

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: December 28, 2013 06:51PM

Silly apprentice smiling smiley

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: December 29, 2013 07:56PM

We keep all sticky posts for historical reasons. Or something like that.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.