Welcome Colonist !   There are 84 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:23

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Memorable Game Experiences
Posted by: Thomas S (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 10:27AM

As a curiosity and a way of sharing, I would LOVE to hear people's highs and lows of the event. Obviously, only share what you are willing to share with others, but I think this would be awesome to start. Cast get to see player's highs and lows, but often, player have no idea on the memorable experiences that others go through.

One of those truly memorable experiences was when I was playing Ziggy, trying to come to terms with the fact that someone he sees as close to him was becoming a yellow shirt wearing hiver! The RP there between the three people involved was amazing.

Similar was some of the RP I saw as my line X, Lucien.. whom has seen something of a turn around from his original introduction into the colony as a full CDF member.

Re: Memorable Game Experiences
Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 10:35AM

Best Moment, I'm sorry, Shadow Lords! It's so silly, but I loved ever second of it, I could barrly stop laughing long enough to head shot a hostage.

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 11:06AM

HYAAAAUIUUUHHH!

Posted by: John R (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 11:41AM

Opening an AMP for the first time to find, "Math, barrier against death for 5 minutes .... Math, death, explosion" Subsequently blowing up Mr. Lontrip. Whoops.

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 11:42AM

After last game, there was some debate between Jeff and I if Jane had accidently made similiar connections as Liam. While playing cards, Domenic comes in, sits just behind Jane at the poker table and starts looking for her to entertain him. Jeff's look of I told you so made me want to shoot him smiling smiley

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 12:57PM

Standing outside at muster listening to Franco talking about Hanibals promotion when all of a sudden "Chem damage 5, Quick death, explosion" Todd's Face in the dirt dead.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 04:49PM

A high moment for me was when Lifeblind turned to Donnie and said "You know, you're the worst gang EVER"

I really appreciate when players react to silly characters with genuine IG reactions.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Posted by: Brady T (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 06:21PM

Just the whole chase I got people to go on Saturday night. Amazing job smoking me out of hiding, then the interrogation happened... Which started as me being a smart ass, and complaining about how bad the people were at interrogating me. A player - "Wait does asking stupid questions hurt you?" Horrible questions ensue.

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 09:18PM

That entire chase/capture encounter was the most fun I have ever had at FI. It was memorable as all heck in itself but the reactions of players involved directly and of those who were observing spoke VOLUMES to everything I've put into my character for the past 2+ years. Many, many thanks for that.

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 11:56PM

Three man really was amazing this past event. And the multi-leveled game between Bastards and Military Grade was truly priceless.

All my other great memories involve info about double-dealing, backstabbing, and manipulation.... and we're not supposed to talk about events before game on, right....

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 11:13AM

The entire conversation of 'You're going to do WHAT with my boyfriend?' with Diva and company on Sunday morning...

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 11:39AM

The Vore? Let us please mention the Vore. Having the bellow of

"I! GRANT YOU! A FINAL!"

echo out over the fog-shrouded landscape, and then be interrupted in a rush of bold action, was awesome. I say this both as a Rusher (where you take a swing the unstoppable death machine to save someone's life) and a Rushed (where you watch, entirely helpless and only IG-insensible, as the Vore fills the whole of your field of vision, and doom bears down on you). Almost all of my previous LARP experience has been one-session, easy-death sort of events, which means that when I entered into the campaign space for the first time at FI, where death is cumulative rather than binary, it's an order of magnitude less tense for me. The Vore brings that all back.

Which also meant that having it coming into the commissary, even though the actual physical danger was much less, was still impactful. I didn't realize it until five minutes after it left, but the whole time I was building up tension in my chest, like that scene with the velociraptors in the kitchen in the first Jurassic Park. I'm not ashamed to say I had to take a minute afterwards to chill out.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/30/12 11:39AM

Date: October 30, 2012 12:04PM

I believe my exact cry from the Commissary breezway during that particularly tense moment with Nolan was "HIT IT WITH EVERYTHING!" We were all freaking out and it's crazy to realize that we were only doing so about a fraction as much as you probably were.

Posted by: Yelena T (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 01:09PM

I was freaking out right behind the Vore, desperately shooting it in the back. Definitely a tense moment. And not five minutes earlier, I was desperately shooting it to keep it from devouring Levi.

Some time after that, I was lying in the field, having been dropped by bugs. From across the field, I heard "I... GRANT... YOU... A... FINAL..." and I remember hoping really hard that somebody distracted the thing. Fortunately, Tabur did. I found out later that it had been trying to eat *Franco*, and my heart seized up for a moment at the thought of what almost happened.

Posted by: Whitney M (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 01:14PM

Yes. Everything about the Vore. Yes yes yes. Lying there, bleeding out, hearing "I GRANT YOU A FINAL DEA..." and then getting dragged away, barely. A trip to the Res Bed, waking up gasping, running out, gun in hand, and then hearing the screams as the Commissary empties itself in the wake of the Vore, only to go down again when a bug came after several unarmed players. It was fantastic!

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 01:34PM

Drunken argument with Tori and Grace about the Freeborn's anti-coalition bias and whatnot. Awesome time.

Posted by: Yelena T (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 02:16PM

Oh, that was good times smiling smiley

Date: October 30, 2012 02:51PM

"Flu clinic, suggested donation comes with free lollipop!"
turned into...
"Free flu shot, plus free lollipop!"
turned into...
"Free lollipop with optional flu shot!"
"Um, changing up your sales pitch, are you?"

Date: October 30, 2012 02:57PM

"Would you care for a flu shot?"
"No thank you, I'm a cybernetic organism and incapable of spreading disease"
"My, how reproductively responsible of you to make that choice"

Posted by: Thomas G (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 03:02PM

Yeah, asking Fawkes "No, tell me what you really think" about certain topics was a highly rewarding experience (even though Nolan was backing away slowly). That was some good (read well-acted, well-delivered) vitriol.

Speaking of which, I want to give credit to my former Governor/sparring partner. Nolan going head-to-head with Rooster over his latest stunt was always an experience; Rooster was having none of it and Dale McClelland took it like a champ. Culminating, of course, in that spectacular piece of politi–karmic judo that caught me on a smoke break and left me staggering the rest of the event.

So, thank you for playing with me, Dale. I hope I never adjusted your OOG blood pressure too much.

Date: October 30, 2012 03:07PM

Haha, yes, "Um, someone should go tell Nolan he's the Governor."

Date: October 30, 2012 03:20PM

No matter how many times I may throw my hands in the air and say "Thanks, Colony!" I <3 you all.

My RP with D-Trip and Dr. Quinton, separately, this event will certainly stick with me for a long time. The details are strictly FOIG but it gave me a lot to think about, laugh about, rally for/against, and roll my eyes at. You all can pick which refers to each. ( :

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2012 05:48PM

Laying down dead as Jane in the field, all alone, while the Vore was out. I was just lying there hoping it wouldn't find me before my death sequence started...or that it wasn't still jut outside the commissary. I heard every noise in that damn field, it was terrifying. Being eaten once does not make it less scary!

Rymaus Liena “Ellie” Dax

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2012 08:08AM

Waking up from the Res bed and being told "Shhhh the Vore is in the Commissary" Staying in the med center only to be cornered in there with Doc Chocolate, the Med Tech, Shlea, and Franco on the Res Bed. Interesting staring the Vore in the face with nothing but 2 shotguns between the 4 of us and knowing that its not going to a damn thing, but make it angry.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Posted by: Sabrina W (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2012 04:45PM

Three Man as always was a blast. I think we took it to new levels of competitive this cycle, guys. Took more damage during that match with the Bastards than I did in combat all weekend.

Shadowlords mod was most excellent. A good, somewhat light-hearted combat mod with that ended in some serious damage if you weren't careful. *coughNolancough*

The entire weekend was a blast, guys. I had so much NPC and PC interaction I thought my head was going to explode. Never a dull moment.

Posted by: Sabrina A (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2012 04:52PM

Playing "Go Fish" at the poker table and we are intorducing each other for the game and Eliza is like well you can call me whatever you want really, so i suggested "Other Shlea" Both her and i start dieing in laugher....

Posted by: Alex S (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2012 04:55PM

psych betrayal during three-man, that was fun, hehehe.

Posted by: Ben L (IP Logged)
Date: October 31, 2012 05:28PM

1) Maris putting on a tie to impress Kyriakos, including D-Trip's commentary to Kyriakos as to why he's wearing some ugly colored boxes around his neck.

2) The 3-Man game - going in to it knowing that I'm betting against Gregori (who has it much easier when he's throwing money in the coffer because he does the actual resource transfer after the fact) - But the accomplishment I felt after pushing Gregori deep enough to strike a deal was worth every bit of risk involved. That that deal won us the game, and brought the Bastards down a peg was just icing. One of my favorite moments was when Ori comments to me about how tactically bad the Eliza/Lifeblind callout was for me (either I'm down a player, or the Bastards are down Lifeblind), and my only thought was "Ori, I'm playing a completely different game right now"

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: November 1, 2012 09:31AM

<cough> I'm sure I don't remember saying that <cough>

Date: November 2, 2012 04:26AM

Greatest moment of the event for me was my encounter with the 'Vore'. After someone led it out of the commissary, I decided that person could use a relief, so I got its attention . . . And had a Jurassic Park moment. Waved a glowstick to get its attention, threw the glowstick, realized he wasn't going for it and just started running.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.